Dirt Bike Trade, NEED ADVICE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Reaction score
Ok guys so heres my situation. I recently picked up a kart from my friend for 25 bucks. Its a streaker fun wheels kart with a 3.5hp tecumseh on it. It runs but has carb problems. I also have an older 5hp tecumseh engine and a parts carb that i have for that engine. I was thinking of trading that for the bike that he listed for parts (last three pics). http://providence.craigslist.org/mcy/3045533217.html
He says that it has spark, its getting fuel, and it has good compression. SO he really has no idea why it doesnt run. He has a gasket rebuild kit, and some spare rims for it to go with.

What do you guys think? Should i trade my kart, with the engine and carb for the 2008 Apollo 250cc dirtbike that doesnt know whats wrong with it but brings new gaskets and spare rims?

Please lemme know asap because i really am torn between decisions on what to do. IDK how hard it will be to fix the engine, or where i can get a replacement engine and just take the carb and exhaust from this one and be good to go....

GUIDE ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION GUYS!! Anyone have an extra 250cc engine that runs?:roflol:

Thanks

j.concepcion54321

Reaction score
I'm definitely sold on the bike but really what I'm looking for is advice on what the problem could be? Or if anyone has a good engine that would fit this no problem for under 100 bucks

bighead

Reaction score
What has he done to say it does indeed have good compression? Thats the first question I would ask?

Then how did it die? has he cleaned the carb the right way? Why does he have gaskets?

As far as trading? Whats the trade value for each? And what else could I trade for? And am I trading up or down?

Will he let you tinker with it before you trade him?

j.concepcion54321

Reaction score
Ended up making an even better deal yesterday. Traded the kart, plus a parts engine, plus some spare kart parts, plus 50 bucks for a perfect running honda crf 150...... Yeah Buddy!! ill post a thread about it later. It runs great and rides and shifts no problems. Only thing is it needs the front brakes, and the side cover that goes over the muffler.

shakey0818

Reaction score
Let me know if ya want to selllk it josh.Might be3 willing to make a cash offer or trade a great running gx-390 and cash.

j.concepcion54321

Reaction score
Yeah thanks guys. It helped that the kid went head over heeels for the kart and the dad just couldnt say no for the kids sake soo. Heres a quick picture of it until i get the thread up.

Attachments

• 333365_437175709656606_653966247_o.jpg
    333365_437175709656606_653966247_o.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 18

bighead

Reaction score
That's a keeper for sure.

Although it would not hurt to try to barter up again.

I got my Nova you see in my Garage from bartering starting with a cr500 dirt bike. About 5 trades later and little but some cash I had my Nova.

Soapbox kid

Reaction score
That's a keeper for sure.

Although it would not hurt to try to barter up again.

I got my Nova you see in my Garage from bartering starting with a cr500 dirt bike. About 5 trades later and little b:wai:ut some cash I had my Nova.

Thats how i got my kart, boat & in the am 79 z28 with worked 350 i love to barter good trade but keep going never know what u may get

Status
Not open for further replies.