Dingo assembly question

Status
Not open for further replies.

conradf

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Thanks in advance for any help, this website is very useful.

The assembly is proving to be more challenging that I hoped. The front end alignment does not look correct as well as the pedals (which i incorrectly have reversed). Any help or pictures of proper kart assembly would be great.
The operation of pedals and steering dont seem correct and smooth, or maybe they never were.
I do need to order springs.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00404.jpg
    DSC00404.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC00411.jpg
    DSC00411.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00408.jpg
    DSC00408.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00406.jpg
    DSC00406.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00405.jpg
    DSC00405.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 19

Badot

New member
Messages
677
Reaction score
2
1, your front tires should end up at least close to vertical, if there's any angle the tops should be pointed inwards a bit (camber). It looks like you should have welded the centers or tops of those brackets on instead of the bottom to get the correct angle. Looks like you'll have to swap the wheel spindles too.

2, the bolt that holds on the wheel spindle (kingpin I want to say?) should be angled so it points at the bottom center of your tire. It doesn't look like the spindle has any angle on it, so this may not be possible without cutting and rewelding that. I want to say it's called pitman angle.

3, have no idea if this is wrong on your kart or not, but something to check... when your wheels point forward, the portion of the bracket that you connect the tie rods to (that also holds the wheel) should both point to the center of the rear axle. Ackerman angle I believe.
 

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Messages
4,827
Reaction score
12
Location
Cornwall, UK
Type in camber, caster, ackerman into the search bar and you will get some additional info on the above info
Edit: i think I may know what you have done wrong. Try swapping the steering spindles around (the axles that the wheel slides on to)
I think this may make your wheels vertical but its hard to tell from the pics.
 

anderkart

Moderator
Messages
6,430
Reaction score
385
Location
Surprise Arizona USA
Looks like someone has over-tightened your kingpin bolts and squeezed/crushed the mounts all out of shape.

Your spindle mounts should look like these:

 

conradf

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
That is a good picture. It does seem that the mounts have been over tightened by a long shot. I will try and re bend back. I will also swap spindles and see what it looks like.
 

bighead

New member
Messages
4,022
Reaction score
54
Location
Pacific Northwest USA
here is mine.

I welded in a bar to beef these up some.
 

Attachments

  • P8310542.jpg
    P8310542.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 22
  • P8310539.jpg
    P8310539.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 29
  • P9010417.jpg
    P9010417.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 29

conradf

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I notice you have the pedal latch. can you tell me what that is used for?
Nice pictures as well, printing them off so I can compare.
 

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Messages
2,538
Reaction score
48
Location
Houston, Texas
No offense guys but your paint jobs are a little bit too good.... all of your karts look almost new. Heh.

The pedals can go either way, it depends on what you need as far as length. Your springs look a bit off but you really have more of a caster problem rather than a spring problem.

What access do you have to a welder?
 

conradf

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I think I can get access to a welder, should be no problem.
what are you suggesting?
 

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Messages
2,538
Reaction score
48
Location
Houston, Texas
You can fix the Canberra by rewelding your front axles to a proper angle. On a side not your brackets for the spindles are punched up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top