digital gauge wiring help

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
:mad2::mad2:
So I finally got my digital speedo/tach , but it didn't come with instructions. The eBay seller now says he has no instructions..... :censored::mad2:
I tried finding somethig online, but really got no where.:censored: I can't find any schematics for it. I can find other sellers of this same product, but can't get instructions "unless I bought it from them"..... :mad2::censored:
Has anyone bought or installed on of these? I looked up standard wiring color codes, but since this is from China, that don't work.... If you know where these wires go, for the love of God , please enlighten me.... This is frustrating as :censored:........

Attachments

• IMG_20150309_221644.jpg
    IMG_20150309_221644.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20150309_221721.jpg
    IMG_20150309_221721.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20150309_221741.jpg
    IMG_20150309_221741.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20150309_221903.jpg
    IMG_20150309_221903.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 10

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score

Haha... Yep, that's it! :thumbsup:
After doing some clever searching, I got the instructions and wiring info I needed. I told the ebay seller I'd trade him the instructions and wiring diagram, for a full refund, AND I get to keep the speedo! He quickly agreed, and issued the refund. :bannana::bannana:
I attached a copy of the needed information to make this gauge work..... Hope it helps someone in the future. :cheers2:

Attachments

• wiring.pdf
    95.5 KB · Views: 34

kouvpasir

Reaction score
Haha... Yep, that's it! :thumbsup:
After doing some clever searching, I got the instructions and wiring info I needed. I told the ebay seller I'd trade him the instructions and wiring diagram, for a full refund, AND I get to keep the speedo! He quickly agreed, and issued the refund. :bannana::bannana:
I attached a copy of the needed information to make this gauge work..... Hope it helps someone in the future. :cheers2:
this is nice!:cheers2:

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Dude you cant beat that. 24hrs here at DIY to find your instructions, Free digital Gauges :wai:and you get to help everybody else that buys that part because you forwarded the info.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
This forum rocks!!

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Hint hint..... There are a couple sellers that say the instructions are included, as well as the magnets, but are not. :rolleyes::idea2::rolleyes: A buddy at work just got a free one..... :rolleyes:
Now, as far as the magnets go..... That is the only thing I'm not sure on.... I didn't get magnets. So, how strong of a magnet does it need to be? Do I need 2? The ad , as do all the others , says it comes with 2 magnets. Do they go 180° apart?
I have these 1/2" x 1/2" x1/8" magnets at work that are STRONG as HE%+!! Laying flat, you can NOT pull it off. On the thin edge, its at least a 15# pull... At the VERY least. :lolgoku: This should be strong enough, right?
So , do I put the magnets on the wheel? Or on the hub? The hub makes more sense to me. Anyone have any words of wisdom? :popcorn:

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Super glue. and the magnets. It would just suck to have one fly off due to centrifical force.
Sorry that's the best words of wisdom I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.