Difference between clones

Status
Not open for further replies.

02mx-5

Reaction score
http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=engine

If you look at that site you will see two 6.5 engines. However they also have two different prices. Can anybody tell me why?

Also, i heard via NR racing that the yellow clones are better quality. True/false?

What is the displacement of the clones that can use honda parts? Ive seen 196cc and 208cc 6.5 engines. Which one is the correct engine to mod with honda parts?

asdfasdf128

Reaction score
as for the difference between the clones, one is emission approved for legal use/sale in california, and the other isnt.

anderkart

Reaction score
Most all the 196cc counterfeits are completely interchangeable with GX200 Honda parts. That 206cc model has to at least have a different bore or stroke.

t0x1k

Vroom
Reaction score
California is full of hippies so they require a cleaner engine, basically it's no different other than a few carb modifications, might even have a catalytic converter in the muffler.

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
i thought mabie one engine is one they keep full price always and the other one is one that they put on sale. then some idiot may come along and buy the full priced 1. but i am probably wrong.
no i am wrong, now i see, 1 is CARB certified.

Status
Not open for further replies.