designing a cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh7owens

Reaction score
hey guys this is my first cart so input would be great. I'm still working on re learning Inventor so its taking me forever to make these parts. Everything is to scale, 11x7x6 wheel/tires. Sets exactly 8 inches from the ground to bottom of the chassis. inside tire to tire is 43". I have only extended to chassis to where the seat will be placed. Its going to be 49" from the front of the cart to the back of the seat, 42" from pedals to back of seat.

I'm hoping to keep to total length around 70". I'm going to power it by a 125cc shifter cart motor. I have yet to figure out how to do the rear suspention. So please give me Ideas. I would like to do the a arm set up front and rear but I'm not sure were to get a differintial and it seems like it would be hard to set up. I also thought about having the whole rear end move up and down(motor and all) that way I could run a live axle and the set up would be much simplier. please help.

after 4 hours playing on inventor heres the front end.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
You need to save all the parts(A arms, shocks, wheels, axles, etc) as seperate parts then assemble them in a .iam(i think?) file. Then you can make the parts move and see how they interact and respond to each other. If you want to send me the Inventor files you using, i could help you a little on it.

newrider3

Reaction score
You also need a few degrees of rake when you mount your a arms, so they take a forward hit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.