CVT temp gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
While waiting at Walmart for my girlfriend to get off, I was reading an ATV magazine just paging through it, got to the back where they give their thoughts on different new products and whatnot, and came upon Trail Tech CVT temp gauge. As it implies it's to monitor the belt temperature of the CVT to help make it last longer. It ranges from 30-500F, but can also be changed to Celsius. Supposed to work great for ATV, UTV, snowmobiles and any other rec vehicle that utilizes a CVT. So I figured people on here may want one for their kart, buggy, or whatever. For $45 or so, might be worth it.

http://www.trailtech.net/digital-gauges/tto/surface-mount/temperature/743-es3

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
While waiting at Walmart for my girlfriend to get off, I was reading an ATV magazine just paging through it, got to the back where they give their thoughts on different new products and whatnot, and came upon Trail Tech CVT temp gauge. As it implies it's to monitor the belt temperature of the CVT to help make it last longer. It ranges from 30-500F, but can also be changed to Celsius. Supposed to work great for ATV, UTV, snowmobiles and any other rec vehicle that utilizes a CVT. So I figured people on here may want one for their kart, buggy, or whatever. For $45 or so, might be worth it.

http://www.trailtech.net/digital-gauges/tto/surface-mount/temperature/743-es3

I think the best gauge is smell/smoke. :D

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Lol but it's always nice to have insurance. Constantly replacing belts gets expensive fast.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I haven't burned any belts, cause I don't have one yet. But would be interesting to see how hot they get while in use. Must happen enough for someone to come out with one though.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't burned any belts, cause I don't have one yet. But would be interesting to see how hot they get while in use. Must happen enough for someone to come out with one though.

I wonder how many people's rigs burst into flames because of the wrong belt.

Attachments

• gokart.jpeg
    gokart.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 30

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Would say it's from spilled gas and the belt getting hot, but I'd think the belt would slip too much to even do that.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
Would say it's from spilled gas and the belt getting hot, but I'd think the belt would slip too much to even do that.

I was looking for more karts on fire, but the pickin's is pretty slim.

So enjoy this instead:

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Eh, kart fires seem to be rare. Outside of fuel hitting the exhaust, really isn't anyway they'll light up.

Status
Not open for further replies.