Custom-Made Sandblasting Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS13

Annoying the Neighbors!!!
Reaction score
Why? Oily fingers?

Well in a nut shell yeah... your taking the metal ( whatever it may be) all the way down to the bare metal, so the oil from anything really can ruin that piece of metal... IIRC clean the metal with paint thinner after your done sand blasting but don't hold me to that... id look it up to tell ya the truth.

GoodWComputers

Aspiring Mow-Kart Owner
Reaction score
that is pretty cool. according to princess auto the Siphon Feed Abrasive Blasting Gun's they carry require 4-4.5cfm@90 to runs so you would probably ok to run a bit longer especially with that extra tank hooked up. also how do you like the siphon feed Gun? in the summer i do a fair bit of sandblasting and would like to cut down on the amount of sand that is wasted.

The siphon-feed gun I have is from Harbor Freight and seems great so far. It stutters every so often but I attribute that to inconsistent playsand. I believe the stuttering will clear up when I get some proper blasting media.

GoodWComputers

Aspiring Mow-Kart Owner
Reaction score
Well in a nut shell yeah... your taking the metal ( whatever it may be) all the way down to the bare metal, so the oil from anything really can ruin that piece of metal... IIRC clean the metal with paint thinner after your done sand blasting but don't hold me to that... id look it up to tell ya the truth.

Everything seems OK so far, but I'm also going to be painting most of what I sandblast which will require a wipe-down with acetone anyway.

DS13

Annoying the Neighbors!!!
Reaction score
Everything seems OK so far, but I'm also going to be painting most of what I sandblast which will require a wipe-down with acetone anyway.

Its not really a big deal but if ya sand blast something and then use your hands to move it to your acetone or whatever I think its ok...but when ya leave it sit around possibly because of a brain-fart it could mess some stuff up..

Its kinds like bleached skulls for animals (if ya hunt) the more ya touch the more dirty it looks

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Good work! I honestly wouldn't have thought of using wood- but it's cheap and easy, and ya did it!

I've built 3 spray booths of varying sized and types, with good results. The blasting cabinet is a good idea, maybe I will put one together.

Status
Not open for further replies.