Custom go fast mower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smcgillis10

Reaction score
Building my 2nd lawn mower with a dirtbike/fourwheeler engine.
Have a really old lawn mower.

And the engine out of a 2005 Bombardier Baja X ds650.
The engine is a remote oil. Or dry sump. Idk the terms. All I know is there is a oil container mounted for the engine oil. So that's not going to be fun to mount.
Going to use a live axle. 1.25" axle
Going to use lawn tractor size wheels so that tires are easy to find. Cause the last one I built would destroy tires. This one will be the same.

If you have any ideas let me know.

This is the old one I built. Totally hand made.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Lucky7

Reaction score
WOW. Your first one looks mean. Thats is gonna be a fast mower. Imagine how much money you could make mowing lawns.

Lucky7

Reaction score
Yeh if you get a really rectangular lawn. If that things goes like 70kmh you get from one side to the other in a few seconds. Then just do a handbrake turn/drift go back and repeat. You could make thousands a day.

Smcgillis10

Reaction score
I learned alot from the first one. Lots of time into that one with little results. Not that iknow what to do should be easier.

The wheels and tires are only on there to make it easier to move until I get the engine mounted and to the point I need to tear it down. For rear axle and the spindle drop.

uploadfromtaptalk1446343719847.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1446343850369.jpg

Smcgillis10

Reaction score
Can you go into more detail about the engine mounting? How'd you make the mounts, and how'd you mount the engine to them?
Just used some 1/8" angle iron. And cut them to the length I wanted. And welded them to the frame. Going to reinforce them more when I get some more metal. Going to make some side to side mounts to keep it from flexing side to side.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Can you go into more detail about the engine mounting? How'd you make the mounts, and how'd you mount the engine to them?
Just used the original mounting points for years engine.

Smcgillis10

Reaction score
Does anyone have any knowledge about dry sump oil systems?

Gonna have to build a new oil storage tank. Since the old on is really funny shaped.

Have to modify the exhaust. Want to use the original racing muffler since it's a 4 stroke. Want to keep the sound.

Just going to put a cone air filter on it. I have one. But I don't know where it went.

Also going to mount the battery and fuel tank under the front of the seat.

Can't decide on using handle bars. Or a steering wheel.

Smcgillis10

Reaction score
This is the old mower. Going to use the exact same rear set up.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Smcgillis10

Reaction score
Got some steering done today. Used the shaft off of the wheeler. But shortened it 4.5 inches. Only using the bone hole in it.

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

These are the headlights I'm going to use on it. The brake master cylinder had a brake like stich so I'll use that for the brakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.