Cushman Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texan

Senor Member
Reaction score
Couple of weeks ago I traveled to Lubbock, TX to visit a family member in the hospital. It was my first time up there, so we took a day to do some sightseeing.

One of attractions is the American Windmill Museum. It was very interesting to say the least. There was hundreds of different kinds, I enjoyed seeing all the different mechanical contraptions and power transfers.

Anyways, in one section, like a light ray of sunshine, was a minibike :wai: I got eye roll from the Mrs. as I made a beeline to it. I was wondering what the heck is a mini doing in a Windmill museum. Turns out it was a Cushman Eagle and the company used to make windmills before they went into scooters/minis.

It was the first one I've seen in person, so I thought I would share some pics for posterity.

PS: Outside they had a Turbine, and holy cow, they are humungous up close! Very cool to stand next to it and hear the "whoosh" as each blade comes downward.

20190727_140025.jpg

20190727_140032.jpg

20190727_140047.jpg

20190727_140101.jpg

20190727_140110.jpg

mckutzy

Reaction score
OHhhhhh yaaaa.... fricken awesome... So cool....
Those bikes are pretty unreal for there time.. kick start with a manual clutch and a transmission....
Even the larger ones with rear trike axle, the truckster.... really cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.