Crash!!!

Jsupstarz

Reaction score
So my kid decided To go into the basketball hoop for no reason and broke some of the steering mechanism anyway you can tell me which two parts these are that are bent so I can buy new ones I would really appreciate it. Needless to say that particular child won’t be riding the go cart anymore. image.jpg

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
I can’t help with the steering part names but my first go cart when I was like 10yo broke the same way. My sisters friend was in it for two minutes before the steering and wheels were bent right off the cart.. I was not a happy 10yo at that time.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
There's a tierod end and a tierod. The tierod end is hanging down in the upper left corner of picture. The tierod itself looks like it's made from a stick of allthread, not an actual store-bought tierod with threads only on the last couple of inches of an otherwise smooth rod.
Tierod ends usually have fine threads, allthread usually is coarse threads, although you can find it with fine threads, I did by accident. If a coarse thread piece of all thread was forced into a fine thread tierod end, well no wonder it came apart.
Tierod ends also can be ordered with lefthand or righthand threads, and tierods can be ordered with lefthand threads on one end, and righthand threads on the other end, for simple front end alignment adjustment.
Throw out all of your steering components to the pitman arm. That's both tierods (allthread) and all 4 tierod ends. Here's just an example of the parts.................3/8-24 Tie Rod Kit (R / L) | KAZ8277-** | 8277 | BMI Karts And Parts
3/8-24 Tie Rod Kit (R / R) | 420011 | BMI Karts And Parts
I use these expensive aircraft grade rod ends, but I'm basically OCD...Aircraft Female Tie Rod End (3/8-24 ) | 420022 | BMI Karts And Parts

Karttekk

Reaction score
The reason I suggested pictures was to hopefully order the correct length and fit tie rods. This guide shows the exact ones for the kart, otherwise there's a chance you may have to modify what you order then dress up the threads.