Crankcase Recirculation on aftermarket intake

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Alright kids, y’all are bickering like an old married couple. Show a little respect to each other. You both know a @#$& lot about karts, and this ain’t a good look. Play nice folks.

danielflo216

Reaction score
@danielflo216
If you are turning less the 4000 rpm, don't bother with the stock crankcase vent/pcv system. Jus add a filter up high and block the hole on the airbox.

If turning more then 4000 rpm, yes I recommend check valves.

Heres some pics. I idle my engines 2000-2200, to get the oil moving and temps up faster. They are NOT normal, stock, boring, turd motors.

on my engine, at idle 2000 rpm, the gauge is bouncing from 2" of vacuum to 2 psi. That's very low, compared to the stock system. At 5900 rpm with a load, it does not go over 10" -10 psi.
Test your stock system and get back to me. You will see that big spike in psi I was talking about earlier.View attachment 138831

I've spent hrs, hrs and hrs testing this on different engines and stock valve covers. It's the best I have found.

If you need more pics, jus ask. I got plenty for you.

View attachment 138825View attachment 138826View attachment 138827View attachment 138828View attachment 138829

View attachment 138830
Noticed you had an 2 filters on the catch can. I've seen that model can online that comes with the filter on top but what's the point of having both if they're just an outlet anyways? Also, how did you remove the stock breather valve, did you just drill it out or did you stick it open?

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
Noticed you had an 2 filters on the catch can. I've seen that model can online that comes with the filter on top but what's the point of having both if they're just an outlet anyways? Also, how did you remove the stock breather valve, did you just drill it out or did you stick it open?
😆 🤣 😂 it's jus there. I didn't have another plug to fit that hole. It's not hurting or doing anything. Jus there to keep dirt out.

The can on the other bike has a sight glass. In 2 yrs I have never seen anything but a lil moisture in it. Not even enough to show in the sight glass.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
@danielflo216

heres the other can. See plug??

Like I said earlier, you don't need a catch can, unless you are using ports that get oil slung up from the rotating assembly. Thats why i use the valve cover.

Screenshot_20230220_121316_Gallery.jpg

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
@danielflo216

Read descriptions. These guys know more then I do.

I started messing with the crankcase pcv in these clone engines 4yrs ago, with the simple brake booster valve outta my pick up.