Cost of 600cc gsxr Kart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassera

New member
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Bronx, NY
Hey guys, I am looking to build a 600cc gasr shifter kart for the summer. I am wondering how much it would cost to build from scratch including all the parts (obviously) The only thing I got going for me is that my father is a welder so he could make the frame and do any other welding. I want it for street use so no suspension. How much do you think this will run me??
 

309antonios

New member
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Location
Gorham, Maine
Depending on the year of the engine, this can be had for less than 1000.00. Not too bad. 500 for complete engine, 500 for steel, odds and ends, brakes, seat, wheels, hubs, axel.
 

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Messages
1,609
Reaction score
2
Location
Sydney, Australia
If you can buy a complete gsxr600 which has been crashed it's possible to get the motor for next to nothing.

I'd put cost between 600 and 1200, unless you go completely overboard with parts, can't find a cheap engine, or make many costly mistakes.
 

Cassera

New member
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Bronx, NY
As for the year, Im not sure yet it's whatever I can find. I'll try checking the junkyard thats a good idea. I can deal with $1000. The most I'd be willing to go is $1500. I just wanted to make sure it was in my budget.:cheers2:
 

Cassera

New member
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Bronx, NY
lmao, yeah thats true. I'll be going through tires like food in the fridge. I'm not really worried about that though.

I also have 1 more question. I have heard the phrase live axle for offroad and fixed axle for onroad. Why do they say this? Is it because offroad you will have more slippage of 1 wheel when you are turning so steering wouldnt be a problem??

I'm not looking to compete on tracks or anything, just straight aways and slight curves in the road so I really want to do live axle for better accelaration since a 600cc engine can handle it.

What do you guys think?
 

Cassera

New member
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Bronx, NY
Nice link, that guy knows how to drive very well!
600 would be mild?? I thought the opposite lol
600 should be way more than enough to burn tire to the point where I cant even keep it straight lol
Does anybody agree?
Plus this is my first build and I never even drove a go kart (except for the slow ones in those amuzment parks) but that doesn't even count lol.
 

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Messages
1,609
Reaction score
2
Location
Sydney, Australia
600 should be way more than enough to burn tire to the point where I cant even keep it straight lol
Does anybody agree?

Yep, it will be so insane it will frighten small children with it's craziness. You will need new underwear after your first drive.
 

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Messages
4,636
Reaction score
4
Location
vermont
Like everyone says, you should be able to do it under $1000, the main cost is the engine. If i were you i wouldnt get your mind set on a gixxer, i'd say take whatever decent street bike you can find cheap. I wanted a newer-ish bike engine for my kart, but i settled for a 78' kz400 because i found it for $40.
 

600ccdeathkart

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I have started one. It's a Honda cbr600 the bike cost 400 a starter Kart 200 bigger axle, sprocket all new 200. some tubing and metal 100, still need front brakes 300 to 500. and lots of time. have fun
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top