• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Coolest kart idea ever!

panchothedog

Reaction score
There were some air cooled outboard motors. The strange thing is they were unshrouded to allow for.air circulation. Much like our kart engines today. Very cool old picture. Trying to guess at the age. Looks like a world war 1 helmet and the clothes he is wearing seem like the 1920's. Just guessing though. The boy had to have had a pretty smart dad to have rigged it all up.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
There were some air cooled outboard motors. The strange thing is they were unshrouded to allow for.air circulation. Much like our kart engines today. Very cool old picture. Trying to guess at the age. Looks like a world war 1 helmet and the clothes he is wearing seem like the 1920's. Just guessing though. The boy had to have had a pretty smart dad to have rigged it all up.
Not to mention the body. Maybe late 40’s… the body looks 30’s but I don’t see something like this being made in the Depression. At least not in a neighborhood. Then there’s the faint “No. 1” on the side. Then there’s the can with a line. I’m thinking a fuel tank? I know nothing about these outboards.