constant flaming exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

nixta

Reaction score
Um so I fired up my kart last nite after taking some great ideas from the awesomene advice given thanks guys:thumbsup: but noticed the rubber Matt I've had my kart on was smoking confused I turn the light out and could see small flames outta the exhaust tip and under acceleration the flame was like a big blow torch looked cool but I'm concerned

Could it be my standard spark plug or to much fuel or both???????????:roflol:

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
neither, the exhaust valve isn't (fully) shut during combustion, so either the cam you have isn't properly aligned or you need to check your valve and lash
(valve seats need a lap, valve lash needs to grow, valve shaft is bent and sticking..
something I couldn't think of atm.

Check your valve train first starting with sticking valve stem and lash, since you only need to remove the valve cover for that.
if that is okay, check the cam alignment, (crank case cover) if that's okay as well, check the valve seal (head removal)

'sid

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
What Sid said or a really short header pipe will make it do it also.

nixta

Reaction score
Hi Joe 405 that idea is kinda busted I'm afraid cos my header pipe is quite long but will keep it in mind anyway cheers

nixta

Reaction score
Sid I found the intake valve was sticking and the valves need a lapping also the valves on this head are massive and the piston too I also would like to change the stem seals but don't know how to could u help please sid

Status
Not open for further replies.