Confused about fuses.

Bgt2u

Reaction score
Originally: Nantucket, Ma (currently living in Sil
Yes, the bike is a Yamaha BW350 (Big Wheel), that l put a Yamaha XT500 engine in, and made street legal. The TR7 obviously has a Big Block in it, and the white thing....lol. AKA "MudBug", is a highly modified Suzuki X-90. No, those are not BMW E36 doors, they are stock Suzuki. Ya, actually, the whole body needs to be finished. It is all rough fiberglass. I know on here, it seems like l have no idea on how to wire much of anything, however, the MudBug interior says otherwise..lol. l just really need to be sure on exactly what l am doing when it comes to the "mini sticks of dynamite" (litho packs), that l am strapped to. I haven't run into that kind of scenario when dealing with 12v automotive applications. Even though volts are volts, and amps are amps, l still can't be too careful when it comes to lithiums, especially at 48v.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
no worries.. audio is a totally different bred of electrics...
albeit an audio cap (to cancel engine noise) follows the same
"take care don't hurt yourself" mantra ;)

I myself was never a fan of such Audio walls .. not in cars, not at home..
I maxxed out with a shabby 750Watt amp and hidden speakers back in my youngen years
And only because I wanted ~250 true watts to still hear music without a roof at full speed.
(~200km/h) and that already cost quite a few bucks (especially that 1F audio cap)
took me years to find out it's actually fraud... swapped to a true 1F cap for less than a quarter of the price.. much better sound, much uglier case ;)

Anywhoo.. not my kind of hobby (maybe because that "utzutzutz" was never my kind of music ;))

'sid

Bgt2u

Reaction score
Originally: Nantucket, Ma (currently living in Sil
I don't usually listen to it extremely loud, that is very annoying to others. I personally can't stand it when l hear cars blocks away, shaking my windows. I just went over board for a visual effect. My wife says I'm too old for that stuff, my reply is: The older l get, the more deaf l will become, and sooner or later, l will need to have it loud, just so l can hear it...lol.
Anyways, back to my fuse topic, l contacted a couple of companies that sell the batpacks that l have, and they both said the batpacks come with a 30a fuse. I think l am just going to go with a total of four, 30a fuses (one for each pack),
https://ibb.co/khBNp8r paralleling two batpacks, and two fuses, to each controllelr, (giving a total of 60a to each controller). I think that probably should work fine for the Kelly 48v 55a controllers, once they get here. Thoughts?