Coming VERY soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Will be machining the first Briggs and Stratton velocity stack filter adapters very soon. Got in some new stock yesterday. Will be posted in the "FOR SALE" section when ready to ship. The first couple will be ready towards end of this week. Link for the air filter that fits it will be included.... Price has yet to be determined.... Ball park figure , probably $25-30... Powder coating is optional and at extra cost....
EDIT
Will be ordering stock for new predator adapters next week. Programming a new adapter profile. I will post a video of the CNC graphics display so y'all can see what it will look like. If you have an idea for shape you like , draw a picture(not one a 2 year old did) and some basic measurements. Maybe I can accommodate your idea.... Post pics and ideas.... It leads to a better product....

Attachments

• 1523372560627104171768.jpg
    1523372560627104171768.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 11

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Does it have a flange? Or does it slip fit and use screws to secure it?
Pics make it seem like the flange disappears from 1st to 2nd pic.

Randy H

Reaction score
What is the diameter of the filter end?

It's a beautiful part.

Attachments

• PSX_20180501_175444.jpg
    PSX_20180501_175444.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 3

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Does it have a flange? Or does it slip fit and use screws to secure it?
Pics make it seem like the flange disappears from 1st to 2nd pic.

Flange mount, same OD as carb base. Use Allen head screws , or factory screws.... Eager Beaver chainsaw air filter snaps on to top of this ..... Very secure.....

Inlet diameter is 1.625"..... Outside diameter at inlet is 1.75".... Designed to use Eager Beaver chainsaw air filter .

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Flange mount, same OD as carb base. Use Allen head screws , or factory screws.... Eager Beaver chainsaw air filter snaps on to top of this ..... Very secure.....

Inlet diameter is 1.625"..... Outside diameter at inlet is 1.75".... Designed to use Eager Beaver chainsaw air filter .

I assume the bolt spacing can be customized a bit, or slotted maybe? To allow it to fit on various models of Briggs, or I think Tecumseh's have similar bolt hole spacing?

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
I assume the bolt spacing can be customized a bit, or slotted maybe? To allow it to fit on various models of Briggs, or I think Tecumseh's have similar bolt hole spacing?

You know, I thought about that.... Briggs pulsa jet carbs have 2 different bolt spacing centers don't they.... ? I have two different carbs. If there is indeed 2 different bolt spacing centers, then I can leave the flange holes blank (customer drills hole) or I can just drill the bolt holes as customer requests it..... Notching the flange just takes away from the aesthetics.... (IMPO)
Bob, you think I should leave holes blank, drill at request, or notch....? Asking your personal opinion.....
What say you other kart nuts ?

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
You know, I thought about that.... Briggs pulsa jet carbs have 2 different bolt spacing centers don't they.... ? I have two different carbs. If there is indeed 2 different bolt spacing centers, then I can leave the flange holes blank (customer drills hole) or I can just drill the bolt holes as customer requests it..... Notching the flange just takes away from the aesthetics.... (IMPO)
Bob, you think I should leave holes blank, drill at request, or notch....? Asking your personal opinion.....
What say you other kart nuts ?

I was just thinking about it from a marketing aspect. You might be able to sell more of em if you can sell it for more than one carb or engine.

I'm not even sure what the bolt spacing is for that carb you mention or how big the flange is. The Tec and Briggs air filter adapters I've seen had bolt hole spacing 1-11/64 or 1-3/8 IIRC.

Best bet might be to offered if blank or predrilled. Many people won't know which carb they have or the bolt spacing on it and having to measure might prevent them from ordering a product that won't fit. Other people may be lazy and not want to have to drill the holes themselves.
Unless there is a universal size for all Briggs, then it would be easy to just sell a "Briggs" one.
Or as Universal adapter for carbs with with bolt spacing "min" through "max"??

Just spitting out my thoughts. Real Cool Product though!

NewbCarter

Reaction score
Amazing !

I assume , CNC made ? Guess the G-Code was a bit lengthy :kewlsmiley:

EDIT : just saw the video link ... now im wondering how hard would this be to do manually , if its even possible

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Amazing !

I assume , CNC made ? Guess the G-Code was a bit lengthy :kewlsmiley:

EDIT : just saw the video link ... now im wondering how hard would this be to do manually , if its even possible

I write programs at my machine , so yeah, long g code.... LoL
It IS possible to make one of these on a manual, but there is a high chance of cutting through material while trying to make the curved inlet. And you are looking at a lot of time on a manual.... Taking small cuts and measuring...... There are other types that would be better suited for a manual lathe .
What type lathe do you run? In the oil field ? I run a Fanuc currently. Started over 20 years ago on a manual.

NewbCarter

Reaction score
Im as far from a machinist as it gets , just recalling what work i did in middleschool , and recently machined an adapter for a carburetor .

On 50+ year old lathes ... fun stuff :wai:

Status
Not open for further replies.