comet torque convertors

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskool

Reaction score
Does or now did Comet sell a 30 series torque convertor for 1" shafts. I am loosing it, I think I bought one a year or two ago but don't remember! I know thats sad can't remember that. Does anyone have one and can describe what it looks like because if I have one its black and only says on front Comet Industries. Reason I am asking trying to solve belt problem with a new motor setup on kart. Worked fine on 8hp briggs but giving me trouble on 11hp clone.

oldskool

Reaction score
Ok, great thats probably what i have. Whew! thought i needed a new TAV setup..too much money right now! If i now put a 12T or 14T on the driven instaed of the 10t, will i need to lengthen the #35 chain, shorten or not at all?

redsox985

Reaction score
Maybe lengthen. Not by much if at all. I think lengthen and adjust motor for tightness. #35 chain did not come in 10 tooth IIRC. It was 10 tooth in #40 and 12 tooth in #35. They had 4 options 3/4" or 1" bore for each then the above said tooth/ chain relationships. I've seen 9 tooth for #40 chain as well as numerous larger sizes. I think 12 tooth in #35 chain is as small as possible while retaining strength.

oldskool

Reaction score
Motor on TC

r97 i first needed the 1" tc when i switched from 6.5 tec to a 8 briggs and now to 11 clone. Only issue i think the bolt iam using is too long and allowing the front part of the tc to spin freely will change it or add washer see if it works. Gotta align motor to jackshaft think thats reason why belt slightly tore.

Status
Not open for further replies.