comet TAV2 30 series torque converter kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amcjavelin

amcjavelin
Reaction score
i just got this the other day and realized i had goofed on ordering it so i just ordered a 40 series drive so need to get the rest of it soon, but any ways this kit is a genuine COMET not the GTC brand at all, set up for a 1" bore #41 chain 10 tooth sprocket will ship it for $138.00 the lower 48 united states canada 10.00 extra on shipping or will trade for a like new driven 40 series clutch

Attachments

• comet clutch 001.jpg
    comet clutch 001.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 10
  • comet clutch 002.jpg
    comet clutch 002.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Professorjwn

Reaction score
Driven Comet clutch

I have a couple of the Driven Clutches on Alsport Trisports. the engine on there was a McCulloch 101 racing gokart engine, so I would suspect it is a 40 driven clutch.

The clutch is kind of old, but honestly, it wasn't used alot, and likely would work fine for you.

I have a project where the Comet 20 torq-a-verter would work well.

Let me know.

J.W. Noord

jwnoord@gmail.com

amcjavelin

amcjavelin
Reaction score
well my project is not coming together at all i should have measured inside the bike frame i guess before i bought things are on hold until i decide i even want to go this route but thanks for getting back to me though

Professorjwn

Reaction score
re: Project

Amcjavelin,

I have a couple of PRO MAC 700 seriesMcCulloch chain saw motors. I'd trade you one for the TAV unit. the 740 motor is 99cc and runs/ cuts great. IMHO the saw really isn't safe and has NO safety features, I would rather see somebody get enjoyment from a cart or minibike with it rather than get hurt cutting wood.

This is not your typical Chain saw engine. This is "old school" McCulloch motors. It is actually an Antique, but it is a two stroke motor and from what I can tell these were not use a whole lot. I put a couple of pics with this so you can see. when looking at the forums I t looked like a lot of the guys were using.wanting to use chainsaw motors. These go for $150-175 I am told, so you could use it or sell it.

Just an idea.

Jim

Attachments

• 740b_6.jpg
    740b_6.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 740b_2.jpg
    740b_2.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1

Professorjwn

Reaction score
re: Project

Hi, no problem at all, never hurts to ask.

Are you still interested in selling the clutch outright? I have an application that I think could use it.

I already sold one of the saws. You probably wouldn't want it for a Kart anyway. The head doesn't remove separately on those motors.

Does anybody ever use a Harley motorcycle Transmission and make shifter kart that way?

Seems like that with a good chain or belt clutch that would be pretty cool. Even better if you could figure out a reverse gear.

Honda Gold wings have that, but don't know if it is built into the trans or an add on.

I always wondered if the reverse gear pack from an automatic car transmission would work if you built a housing for it.

Comet did make one that attached to the differential (or was a different diff, cant remember)

Anyway, please let me know if the thing is still for sale, I am definitely interested.

If it is, email me at jwnoord@gmail.com and I'll send you my phone if you want to discuss.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.