Comet Series 40 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

65falcon

Reaction score
I purchased a 13hp engine from Harbor Freight and Comet 40 Series torque converter. Before I assembly the kart, I want to check one thing. The engine spins counter-clockwise when facing the crank and Im driving the rear left wheel. The question I have is the driven pulley able to work proberly spinning counter-clockwise in my configuration? Here's a prutty little picture to display what I mean:

It seems like the cam on the driven unit wont allow motion to open when spinning in the counter-clockwise direction, and I want to make sure that it will. If Im unable to run it this way, would I just be able to flip around the driven unit to make it work?

Basically what Im asking is does it matter which way the driven pulley spins, or will it work in any direction?
Any info would help. Thanks.

Attachments

• 4440.jpg
    4440.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

mattgr

Reaction score
yeah it does matter which way it spins, but you can take it apart and push the plastic teeth over the ridge and then reassemble it to switch the direction

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
What kind of engine is it meant for? almost all the engines i have spin counter clockwise. what your saying doesnt make any sense at all.

Raywelder

Not an Adm¡nistrator
Reaction score
While you guys are talking about this,
How do you know which way the driven clutch goes on?

65falcon

Reaction score
So for my set up, would I need to take it apart and push the plastic teeth over the ridgeto switch the direction?

The engine is a gx390 clone, and it spins counter-clockwise when facing the crankshaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.