Coleman KT196 gear bearing help

jmandawg

Reaction score
Hi all,

One of my rear bearings is siezed up, i'm trying to find a replacement, on their website it's identified as a "6004-2RZ" I'm not sure how to read the bearing numbers, but anyone know where i can buy a decently priced replacment?

I see a bunch with number "6004-2RS" but not sure what the difference is.

Thanks.

jmandawg

Reaction score
nevermind it looks like the 2RZ is the way it is sealed. I think i can replace it with any 6004 bearing.

mckutzy

Reaction score
2rs is a rubber seal...
Z or ZZ is a metal permiable shield, that allows the grease to penitrate and lubricate the race...

With that being said, a call to a local bearing house, in you city should be able to source that easily.
Post a pic of the bearing itself...
Might be an oddball one beading one rubber and a metal shields..
Seen a couple like that for wierd things...

jmandawg

Reaction score
20210320_135908.jpgi accidently broke the cover off. Seems like it was plastic. I can't get the bearings out though. I tried to hammer the crap out of it. I guess I need to bring it to a machine shop. I ordered these off amazon, i figure as long as they spin it should be good.

mckutzy

Reaction score
Use a torch to heat the outer housing it sits in... then see how easily it comes out...
Use a brass, aluminum wood tool to punch out the bearing, as to not damage the bearing housing accidentally....

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Is that a common bearing without an outside flange to rim-seat it, or is it a taper bearing sitting in a cup?
NOTE: Can remember my Dad using a slide hammer ("dent-puller") to get through and behind a bearing on some car or something from the front side and snatching it out.

jmandawg

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys, i hammered one side out, and it basically fell apart and left the bearing sleeve inside, and there is a bevel inside the same height as the sleeve (to prevent the bearing being pressed in too far) so i can't get anything behind it to hammer it out. I'm going to bring it to the local machine shop and have them press them out and the new ones in.

It's a real sad story but all of this is because of a chain that had a few seized links and i didn't realize it until the torque converter belts started burning up after 15 minutes of use.