clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylersmd1

Reaction score
um

im tylers lil bro and im also building a kart..he wont help me cuz he wants me to learn it myselfd. how do i putr this clutch thing on..is it this way..or that way. and it says on the box that i have to put a bolt on the end????? wut do i do.

Attachments

• jew 108.jpg
    jew 108.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 38
  • jew 109.jpg
    jew 109.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 28

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
im tylers lil bro and im also building a kart..he wont help me cuz he wants me to learn it myselfd. how do i putr this clutch thing on..is it this way..or that way. and it says on the box that i have to put a bolt on the end????? wut do i do.
I am not completely familiar with this clutch as pictured. They don't easily come apart without the use of external snap ring pliers. Looks like some parts are missing like a snap (retaining) ring and a sleeve assembly that would fit into clutch shoe hole which would then fit into hole in clutch housing. Then the whole assembly slides onto end of crankshaft. Bolt holds clutch assembly onto crankshaft. This type of clutch requires a threaded hole in end of crankshaft. Left hand picture appears to be correct orientation. See if this picture helps.

Attachments

• clutch1.JPG
    clutch1.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 55

tylersmd1

Reaction score
what

what???? i just bought this clutch.. rite outta the package!! what could be missing

tylersmd1

Reaction score
i just bought this. it came tonight. this is how ot came is it broken??? if not which way does it go together

Attachments

• jew 108.jpg
    jew 108.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 11
  • jew 109.jpg
    jew 109.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 5

Russ2251

Reaction score
i just bought this. it came tonight. this is how ot came is it broken??? if not which way does it go together
I'm not suggesting that it is broken, just looks like parts may be missing. What is make and model number of clutch? What is shaft (bore) size and chain size? From where was it purchased and what engine will this be used on? I can research it and get back to you with a more definitive answer.

thatoneguy

Reaction score
im having confusions with clutches too.

xbox LIVE gamertag: dudewithanxbox

tylersmd1

Reaction score
its

its the hillard extmreme cent clutch. form northern tool. 3/4 inch chains size 35. engine is from harbor freight 6.5 hp

Jblankster

Reaction score
i would call them, just have them send u an new one. something is wrong with it.

oh any tyler/tylers bro tell tyler 2 check the throttle thread i got pics n stuff up that are good :D

Russ2251

Reaction score
Ok. I think I understand what's going on here. Of the 2 pictures you posted, the picture on LEFT is proper way to assemble this. In other words...shoe assembly slides onto crankshaft first. Flat side (as pictured) facing out. Make sure key way on crankshaft lines up with key in clutch shoe assembly. Slide this all the way on until it stops. Then clutch housing (has 8 ventilation holes) will fit over this. It is held in place with flat washer and bolt. The bolt will be a 3/8"- 24 x 1. That is 3/8" bolt diameter, 24 threads per inch x 1" long (or longer). Tighten securely. Might be torque spec for this but I don't know what it is. If everything is correct, you should be able to spin housing easily with engine NOT running. Should be good to go at this point. I really hope this helps. Let us know.

PS Surprises me that no instructions came with this. If this doesn't work, I would take jblanksters advice. Phone calls work much better than e-mail. They will help you.

Attachments

• hilliard clutch.JPG
    hilliard clutch.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 17

Jblankster

Reaction score
yes, phones get answerse quicker than emails. especially if its emails to big companies... then you get the automated reply mail messages lol

tylersmd1

Reaction score
well

i boxed up the clutch and ups took it..and there sending a new one. well im gonna do what you said to do russ

Status
Not open for further replies.