Clutch wont budge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
Im trying to get a clutch off my engine and for some reason it wont move. Ive been spraying it with wd40 and yanking and prying it for hours. I thought if i hammered it on more it might loosen up some but that didnt happen.. Do any of you know any tricks to get it off??

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Drain oil and gas. Set engine with shaft pointing straight up. Soak in wd40, re-wetting every so often. Use a gear puller if you can lay hands on one. A little love from a hot wrench may help, but do not overheat. May take a few days for oil to fully soak.

mckutzy

Reaction score
Use heat, keep the torch moving. I reckon youll wont be using the clutch after, the springs will be shot after torching.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
If you want a better chance of being able to save the clutch, you could disassemble it, leaving only the backplate and hub on the shaft. WARNING- They can be a serious PITA to re-assemble!

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
Thank you toystory I used the gear puller idea. I used an entire can of wd40, bent up the clutch a lil, and broke the end of the gear puller, but hell she came off! Thanks guys!

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
Ya on my new predator. Its a belt clutch too those things cant really have dings in them nevermind bends..oh boy i hope it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.