Hi, i'm new here and it seems like a good place to find out my problem. I'll give as much info as i can to help you with my problem. I have an older (10+ years) yerf-dog go-cart with a 5.5 hp tecumseh engine which i received from a cousin of mine. I can't find an exact model number on the go-cart but it is chain driven and the sprocket has 45 teeth and the clutch is a #41 with 10teeth. My problem is that when i start the engine i have problems with the clutch getting very hot and seems to want to stay engaged. I replaced the original clutch because it was'nt engaging right and would slip ALOT and would heat up so hot that it seemed to stay ingaged all the time so i thought it was the clutch. I bought a new max torque #41 10teeth 3/4 inch replacement clutch. I put it on started it up and i thought everything was good because now it would idle without staying engaged but when i tried to ride it, it would slip just like the old one, even with my 6 year old riding it, and would heat up after a few minutes to where it seemed to want to stay engaged to where it would bog down the engine to the point of it stalling. The clutch gets hot enough after 15-20 seconds to where you can't touch it because it's so hot. Basically i have checked the chain, wheels, engine, eveything i could think of and can't find a reason for whats happening. Engine idle speed is good and the wheels turn freely on their own and the chain isn't too tight. The clutch seems to turn freely even after it gets way hot. Everything seems original on the cart. I'm open to any suggestions. The kids are dying to ride but i can't get it to work right. Thanks for any help you can give.