Clutch on 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetlag

Reaction score
I received my Harbor Freight 6.5 today and mocked up the clutch on it.

When pushed all the way down, there is a slight gap of where the bolt will go. The clutch will be able to slide back and forth on the driveshaft.

Is this normal?

Should I put a washer behind the clutch so it is even with the end of the driveshaft?

Also, what is the thread/pitch bolt to use?

ZnsaneRyder

Crazy Guy on a Bicycle
Reaction score
My Hillard Clutch does that a little bit, but not much. It slides back and forth about 1/32 inch.

Now for the Bolt in the end of your crankshaft, you can get a Briggs bolt, as it has the same threads. Tractor Supply sells a lawnmower kit with the right bolt. The other method is to go to Advance Auto Parts, and size up a proper fitting bolt.

jetlag

Reaction score
Now for the Bolt in the end of your crankshaft, you can get a Briggs bolt, as it has the same threads. Tractor Supply sells a lawnmower kit with the right bolt. The other method is to go to Advance Auto Parts, and size up a proper fitting bolt.

Yeah, I just don't want to take the engine with me to Lowe's/TSC/Advance to match up a bolt for it..hah

I was hoping someone already knew the thread size. ;)

theo

Reaction score
Get your bolt bucket and find the right thread. stick a nail in the hole to get the length and buy a bolt 1/4" shorter. :rolleyes3:

theo

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
the set screws at the inside are to set your alignment. one just behind your key and the other approx. 90degrees clockwise, 1/8" allen. on my hf 6.5 they were all metric i thought. i know the four for tav's are for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.