Clutch Choices

qtband

Well-known member
Messages
1,772
Reaction score
70
Location
St. Louis, MO
What clutch can I use on an engine like this?
 

Attachments

  • Messenger_creation_c540fedf-e2b9-4541-8f93-d5538d303c95.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_c540fedf-e2b9-4541-8f93-d5538d303c95.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 4

qtband

Well-known member
Messages
1,772
Reaction score
70
Location
St. Louis, MO
I plan on making a wheelbarrow kart. Motor in the front, connected to a driveshaft driving a shaft driven rear end from a Yamaha Moto. Need a clutch of some kind to go from crank to driveshaft.
 

Master Hack

Well-known member
Messages
4,376
Reaction score
7,052
Location
Mountain top Labratory
I have to ask why such a big power source?
a wheelbarrow is ususlly a heavy load capable machine used at low speed. Like walking speed 3-5 mph. Unless yer building a racing wheel barrow,yer gonna need gears, lotsa gears. When ya got lotsa gears you can get by with less power.
Maybe l'm missing somerhing? How much weight ya hauling?
 

qtband

Well-known member
Messages
1,772
Reaction score
70
Location
St. Louis, MO
Long story short....I bought this engine 5 years ago and just now, decided to do something with it. I'm open to just about anything! When I pulled it out today, I discovered a primary clutch on it. Not sire what it is, but it looks new!d8e1c9d8-1d6a-4b21-84e5-0745bc064d31.jpg
 
Top