Clueless

4arrows

Reaction score
Hey, my name is Nathan from CT. I've always wanted a go-kart, and today as a 35 year old 6'1 male, I finally got a used one for $175. Ooooh it needs work. The clutch is shot, the tires are bald, and boy oh boy do I barely fit. I need some help, please. I don't know what to buy, at all. The engine is a Tecumseh OHH60 71157D. I have no idea what I'm doing, I just want to buzz around and get some breeze. If anyone could help I'd be extremely helpful. A little parts list? Or what clutch kit will fit? Idk. If anyone wants pictures let me know. It's wonderful to be here 🙂

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Howdy & :welcome2:

As long as you fit is all that counts :thumbsup:

Look around the forum
...& do lots of research :popcorn:

Then, check out BMI Karts, they have everything you will need (clutch, tires etc.)

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
We once had a poster here who was determined to use and upgrade his Tecumseh engine, he called it a "techasheema". He isn't here anymore, likely because he went insane in the effort. I love the U.S.A., but I feel the Tecumseh product is an insult to a once proud people. Seek any alternative.

panchothedog

Reaction score
If the engine runs and gives you satisfactory performance then enjoy it. BUT
please take the advice of ezcome-ezgo and don't spend a nickel on anything
other than maybe a spark plug, oil, or air filter. Like him, I LOVE American products but that is not the engine to try to modify.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
harbor freight sells 212cc predator chinese engines they are good in aftermarket and cheeep search go kart clutch 3/4 shaft and the chain size it takes and tooth count and it will bring you the right clutch on 15 different sites just about

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
We once had a poster here who was determined to use and upgrade his Tecumseh engine, he called it a "techasheema". He isn't here anymore, likely because he went insane in the effort. I love the U.S.A., but I feel the Tecumseh product is an insult to a once proud people. Seek any alternative.
Tecumseh's are great for yard equipment, not much else.

karl

Reaction score
Tecumseh's are great for yard equipment, not much else.
Hold on them be fighting words!

Haha for most people, but if you rode my re-worked 358cc 11hp tecumseh coleman bike,
it might change your mind.

Id smoke most all stage 2-4 predator 212's , and I only got about $70 in it.
Expectational performance in a compact and lightweight package, especially for an L-head.

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Hold on them be fighting words!

Haha for most people, but if you rode my re-worked 358cc 11hp tecumseh coleman bike,
it might change your mind.

Id smoke most all stage 2-4 predator 212's , and I only got about $70 in it.
Expectational performance in a compact and lightweight package, especially for an L-head.
*For most people. Karl's a lil crazy. I think I might have the stock intake from that with the mikuni you gave me with the briggs? Not sure.

Bobo 1959

Reaction score
Howdy from New Mexico! There are several suppliers offering parts and services. Just Google what you're looking for and see who comes up! Plus lots of guys on here are eager to help you get the wind in your face. I'm 62 probably the oldest on here, but young at heart. I built my buggy on a yerf dog spiderbox and joined it with a wrecked 09 Suzuki 500 I had sitting around. Built in the true hot rod spirit of using what I have lying around or fabricate what you need. My big expense was wheels and tires. Good luck with your project 😃 🏁

Attachments

• IMG_20220503_170153753.jpg
    IMG_20220503_170153753.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

panchothedog

Reaction score
Bobo, I think the kart you have built is really something great. Unchallenged in horse power and speed potential. BUT in the age game I got you beat by 12 .
Not that that means much. I find staying young at heart one of the easiest things about growing old. The sound of a reving engine of any size NEVER gets old.

Bobo 1959

Reaction score
Bobo, I think the kart you have built is really something great. Unchallenged in horse power and speed potential. BUT in the age game I got you beat by 12 .
Not that that means much. I find staying young at heart one of the easiest things about growing old. The sound of a reving engine of any size NEVER gets old.
Well panchothedog, I'm glad you're healthy and doing your thing! Keep on keeping on! I agree I raced stock cars on the dirt for many years and I love the sound of any engine, music to my ears! 🎼🎵🏁