• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Clone jet thread size

Status
Not open for further replies.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
One of the genius POs of my '79 F150 decided to bypass a 4 port vacuum switch and throw out the spark delay valve which allows a limited amount of vacuum to reach the distributor during warmup. I need to get that part, but no parts vendors sell them. Its basically just a piece of plastic with a small hole in it, so I figure the main jet for a small engine would be perfect. I could dial in the desired vacuum level by drilling out the jet. Does anyone know what thread size the jets are?

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
I don't know (offhand) the thread size or pitch of a clone jet- but I'll bet it's metric. What size/thread do you need? Can you just use a low-grade setscrew and drill a hole it it or something?

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
I don't know (offhand) the thread size or pitch of a clone jet- but I'll bet it's metric. What size/thread do you need? Can you just use a low-grade setscrew and drill a hole it it or something?

I'd need to get a numbered bit set, which Id rather not have to pay for atm.

I probably should have explained more. Heres the original part:

My plan is to find a piece of pipe that I can thread the inside of and screw in the jet. Then I'd attach vacuum hoses to each side.

Status
Not open for further replies.