Cleaning Carburetor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trekklee

New member
Messages
150
Reaction score
0
Hi I have a Tecumseh ohh60 and I have a new carburetor for like almost a month and a half and I was wondering if its time to clean it. I riding it almost every day the week.
 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,798
Reaction score
601
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Hi I have a Tecumseh ohh60 and I have a new carburetor for like almost a month and a half and I was wondering if its time to clean it. I riding it almost every day the week.

If you use it every day, then there should be no need to clean the carb after such a short time. The only time it really needs cleaning is when it has stood for a long time and the petrol gets all gooey and gums the carb up. You do sometimes get some dirt in the carb, but it generally doesn't need ceaning

Is your engine no functioning properly? Why do you think you need to clean it?
 

trekklee

New member
Messages
150
Reaction score
0
If you use it every day, then there should be no need to clean the carb after such a short time. The only time it really needs cleaning is when it has stood for a long time and the petrol gets all gooey and gums the carb up. You do sometimes get some dirt in the carb, but it generally doesn't need ceaning

Is your engine no functioning properly? Why do you think you need to clean it?

Well it's kinda weird I posted another post and people said it was my carburetor
When ever I get to high speeds its like the engine controlling it self to let go even though my foot is pressed all the way down and sometimes the engine just dies why going fast
 

trekklee

New member
Messages
150
Reaction score
0
That could be your governor kicking in. I am not too sure why it would cut out though.

There is no harm in cleaning your carb. If done thoroughly, you can eliminate that as being the problem.

I don't know if a still have a governor
 

trekklee

New member
Messages
150
Reaction score
0
That could be your governor kicking in. I am not too sure why it would cut out though.

There is no harm in cleaning your carb. If done thoroughly, you can eliminate that as being the problem.

How do u know you still have your governor ???
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
Simple. Follow the cable (or rod) from your gas pedal. If it goes DIRECTLY to the carb with no other connection points, then you have no governor.
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
They are ALL connected to the carb. But is it connected directly, or is there a mid-pint connection one the engine (that is NOT the carb)? How about a picture showing the throttle connection(s) at the engine.
 

trekklee

New member
Messages
150
Reaction score
0
They are ALL connected to the carb. But is it connected directly, or is there a mid-pint connection one the engine (that is NOT the carb)? How about a picture showing the throttle connection(s) at the engine.

Ill post a picture in the morning
 

trekklee

New member
Messages
150
Reaction score
0
They are ALL connected to the carb. But is it connected directly, or is there a mid-pint connection one the engine (that is NOT the carb)? How about a picture showing the throttle connection(s) at the engine.

Ok can you look at this and see if I have a governor or not??
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364064441.047514.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364064470.718852.jpg
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
It looks like you do, but tough to be 100% sure from those pics. From what I can tell, all the parts are there, although I cannot make out all the linkages.
 

trekklee

New member
Messages
150
Reaction score
0
It looks like you do, but tough to be 100% sure from those pics. From what I can tell, all the parts are there, although I cannot make out all the linkages.

So my governor is removed ok so now
My go kart can go 30 mph and that's full speed is that good for a 6.0 Hp engine????
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
You should. That said, sometimes you get lucky and the gasket does not get destroyed in the removal process. Gaskets are cheap, and if you're halfway careful you can make your own from the cardboard from a cereal box. I have never tried this, but have heard of very good results. I make all my own gaskets from sheets of gasket material I buy at auto parts stores.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top