Clark Rebel Go Kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

srogers218

Reaction score
Picked up Clark rebel go kart a few weeks ago. Trying to find parts for it online but nothing seems to match up. Needs a new throttle cable, still has the 5 hp briggs. Any advice is appreciated.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Well...

Would really like to see that particular kart especially. Don't see too many Clarks is the reason.

But, barring really proprietary parts, most go kart parts are generic, one-size-fits-all deals.

srogers218

Reaction score
Upon further investigation it was manufactured by Ken-bar. Here are some photos

Attachments

• 1004171231.jpg
    1004171231.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 1004171231a.jpg
    1004171231a.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 1004171231b.jpg
    1004171231b.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 26

Hellion

Reaction score
Well how about that. I have the same kart and it is the model #S-465 (on the octagonal sticker) but belongs to the Streaker family I guess you can say.

My floor pan decal was in worse shape than yours so I peeled it off but it would be neat to have it reproduced (oh dear, a Confederate battle flag!) :rolleyes:

All you will need is a short section of bicycle derailleur or brake cable to go from the end of the gas pedal rod back to the engine. You will need some kind of cable stop or ferrule that fits on the bracket that is even with the seat back in picture #3. That is what supports the cable on the kart. If you need assistance with attaching the cable to the engine, let me know.

Your kart is in good shape and even has an intact seat cushion. Bravo. Your rider is a bit on the small side but she appears to know what to do. :D

Hellion

Reaction score
Here's a pic from the web of the same kart.

It's the simplest of throttle cables, just cut a short section of bicycle brake cable with the inner cable longer than the outer sheath. The cable connects to the Briggs's governor linkage under the gas tank. There should be a small cable clamp under there to retain the cable sheath...

The throttle linkage seems ideal, with most of it made of steel rod which ensures it won't snap or wear or abrade from contact with the trail, rocks or other obstructions, also eliminates some of the stretching along its length.

Attachments

• Rebel 2.jpg
    Rebel 2.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 25

srogers218

Reaction score
Very good info. I appreciate the knowledge. I will hopefully have this guy running my next days off. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.