Chopper project... Can anyone identify?

Most HP

You only live once!!!
Reaction score
I recently purchased three project bikes. Two are Chinese dirt bikes that are pretty easy to figure out. The last is a vintage chopper that has been neglected BIG TIME!! I looked all over and cannot find a identifying tag. The only mini bike chopper I found that is a close match is a "Rare" Harley edition. I think this is a Chinese bike, but not sure. Please let me know if I should NOT pull this apart and put in a better motor. I'm thinking this is a 49cc motor? Pics of motor show the only clues I have. I have an extra 100cc engine that came with this mess but have no intentions on using. I plan on putting a bigger motor with electric start. My wife even likes this hot mess!!! Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 23
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 25

KMEFA

Reaction score
I think it would be pretty neat to weld in a motor plate under where that dummy V-twin resides, & see if you could stuff in a smaller clone engine ''all the way forward'',,, as long as you stay above 100cc's. Think a 196- 212cc would be to much.
I have a newer 123cc Craftsman single stage SB, that's got an OHV clone engine on it ''that rips'',, & is around 4+ hp.
That engine, or one like it,, I think would probably be about perfect.
79cc Predator,, I don't recommend.

You ''could'' also integrate a jack shaft mounting behind that,, & run the final chain still off the right side,, ''or'',,, flip the back wheel & brake assy,, & run just 1 chain off the left side.
I would recommend a decent #35 chain, sprocket,, clutch set up, regardless.

Those clone engines don't really take up a lot of space,, with the tank, stock muffler,, & stock air box removed.

Looks like you could integrate that exhaust also . ;)

It will be a cool project,, whatever you come up with....

Added,,

I would also weld in a ''back of center''- down tube, in the frame,, if it was mine.

I

Last edited:

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
the 79 with no govenor and a straight pipe and custom intake fits right in those frames and it moves pretty gud also a 212 with the same mods and a different tank fits

Most HP

You only live once!!!
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!! I'm definitely welding in a motor plate. I want to install the biggest motor I can with electric start. The build is on hold till spring but looking forward to pulling it apart. I was going to use a jack shaft, but flipping the brake over is a great idea "I74". I'll post pics when my son and I get moving on it. I hate to be so needy, but how involved is it to get the gauges up and running? I see wiring so I'm guessing they actually worked at some point. Special wiring harness? Won't work with new engine? Not worth doing? The wife is just as excited to ride this as my son and I and she wants me to get them working. I think she's going to join a biker gang when completed :cool:.
Thanks in advance

IllumiRoggie

Reaction score
Funny. I just picked this exact bike up locally. Found this post while I was trying to identify it. Can't wait to see how yours progresses.