• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

choosing project chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric492

Reaction score
me and a friend are going want to do an engine swap with a 1uz-fe (toyota V8) but need to choose a chassis to throw it into. we want to keep it strickly import.

are choices that we've come up with are:

*06' mazda rx8
*91' mazda rx7
*datsun 280z
*75' toyota corolla (1.8)
*77' toyota celica gt
*nissan 300zx (z32)
*nissan 240sx (S13 or S14)
*DC2 integra (major fab work i kno)
*99' mazda miata
*96' toyota mr2 (extreme amount of fabing)

*last but not least my favorite MKIII Supra!

What does the forum say?

bighead

Reaction score
280Z all the way. I like the smaller 240Z too. The 2+2's are cool as well. I think the Z car is the lighter of the cars thats on your list. Thye Corolla and the Celica could be magor sleepers.

Eric492

Reaction score
all the cars on the list are what we saw at savage yards around my area none go up more then $900 but yes were debating between the 280z and the MKIII supra.

we could drop it in the mr2 but after some research it would take major chassis reconstruction and a crap load of expensive machined parts... sadly

sideways

Unfinished projects king.
Reaction score
60 series Toyota Starlet, if you could find one, I couldn't imagine a more fun (and dangerous) car to put that engine in.

RWD, very cheap, weighs 1600-1700lbs, 96" wheelbase.

Ideal way to die?

Thanks

Hayden

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
I would definitely go with the corolla, just because it would be the ultimate sleeper. Supra's are already fast as ****. My neighbors 91' hit 155mph and still had more to go.

if you do go with the supra, i might be interested in the stock inline 6, if its in rebuildable shape. those engines fit pretty good in toyota pickups, and there not bad for their size.

redsox985

Reaction score
I like the idea of a total sleeper. My friend and I want to overhaul his F350 this summer and make it a HUGE (literally) sleeper. I like either of the Toyotas with the older look that would be completely brushed aside 'til you blow past them.

newrider3

Reaction score
I'd go for either the '77 Celica or the 280z, just because they are the best looking. I'm not a fan of import cars, but the older Celicas just look mean. Almost like a mini Gran Torino.

Status
Not open for further replies.