chinese torque converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazmannusa

New member
Messages
213
Reaction score
0
Location
Yettem, California
I have bought and used a few and they seem to be ok one driver after about 10 hours use started getting sticky, serviced it and it was fine and one driven I had to file a bit on the broached key to get it to fit the shaft . For 1/3 the price of the comet I would say it is a pretty good deal
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
That should be ok...

Be aware that kit does NOT include a jackshaft & you will need to research the belt specs to determine the position of said jackshaft
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
251
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
hmmm

I'm not sure I understand you correctly Tony, so I don't dare to disagree;
instead I add it as "OR..." ;)

Brandon, to make things as easy as possible, you might want to take a look at this:
http://www.bmikarts.com/Clutch-Mount-with-Jackshaft-_p_1129.html

I can't tell the JS to PTO distance, but at least what ever it is, it'll be FIXED;
you might give BMI a call and ask for the distance for your engine (model not just hp rating might be important)
then you know if there is a matching belt, and you can simply stick to that.
(assuming you can ask the seller to send your wanted belt size)

Otherwise, you have to do it either way:
A) find a good position for the jackshaft, and see what belt will fit, maybe adjust slightly to have a perfect matching distance (then ask the seller for that size)

or
B) (as I think Tony suggested) just get any belt size the seller has to offer
and work backwards from there;
meaning determine where the jackshaft has to go to match said belt, and find a way to mount it there.

'sid

PS to get an idea what beltsizes are available for series 40 check this link:
https://www.gokartsupply.com/tcbelts.htm#203786A
(you'll get a 7.5" driven most likely)

[EDIT]
chances are the engine mount is close to the manco part 9334-2

see this manual for a TC breakdown on a manco with 9hp engine and series 40...
http://www.americansportworks.net/pdfs/gokarts-minibikes/model-389/389_operatorsmanual.pdf

then the matching belt would be 203785A (manco 6814)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top