Chinese Buggy Carb Adjustment or sticking TC??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheap_thrills

Reaction score
I will try and attach a vid, but if it doesn't go through let me explain with pictures. I can get the engine up and running, but the wheels are always spinning. If I adjust "B" or "C" it cause the engine to speed up dramatically, or bog down and die. I have made countless adjustments in every direction for hours, so finally I figured I would ask for some help from someone with a bit more experience in this area. I have fooled with my fair share of small engines but nothing with a torque converter, and never experienced adjustment problems like this. Could it be that my torque converter "A" is just stuck engaged, and that is why not matter how slow or fast he engine speed is, the wheels are always spinning? And before I picked this kart up, it had sat for a while. Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• IMG_20171227_232519699.jpg
    IMG_20171227_232519699.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20171227_232532317.jpg
    IMG_20171227_232532317.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20171227_232543926.jpg
    IMG_20171227_232543926.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 6

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Not really familiar with those engines.
I'm guessing a stuck TC.

And if you labeled those screwdrivers just for the pictures, I'm dying. LOL

Chevyman1987

Reaction score
To see if the problem is the TC just take your belt off. And if your still having problem running after that it's most likely your carb. If no problem than it yours TC.

cheap_thrills

Reaction score
Yes I did label them for this circumstance lol. I do technical support for medical devices, so communication is key to me. I wanted anyone who is viewing this, and that can help, to have a simple symbol or point to reference. A bit of acetone and the letters will come right off. And that was going to be my next move was to remove the belt and see what happens. I just wanted to get some additional opinions on the issue. Thanks fellas for your imput. Hopefully I'll have some time to further tinker with it.

cheap_thrills

Reaction score
Just to follow up for anyone experiencing this issue. It was in fact the clutch that was bad. The springs were worn out, and cause it to be engaged immediately upon start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.