• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Chardon High School Tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsox985

Reaction score
Well, as I'm sure most of you from the US and Canada have heard, there was that tragic shooting in a rural Ohio high school. I got very scared upon seeing this story about an hour after it had first been reported to police. This summer, I became friends with 4 people from Chardon, Ohio, 3 of which attend this high school. Fortunately, I was able to get in contact with all of them quickly, and they were only shaken emotionally. Sadly, they lost 3 friends at the hands of the lone gunman. From what I'm hearing, one of the victims chose to donate his organs and they have been successfully transplanted in 8 recipients who were in dire need of this help.

The part that upsets me the most though, is that Margie Phelps and her radical group Westboro Baptist "Church" members have said on Twitter that they will protest at least of the the student's funerals. This led me to wonder, if someone were to "silence" Margie Phelps, would WBC and their crazies protest HER funeral? Regardless, I would love to see this small, tight-knit Ohio town follow in the bold, brave footsteps of Brandon, Mississippi.

http://thehayride.com/2011/04/westboro-baptist-church-goes-to-mississippi-and-loses/

cmbone

Reaction score
I believe in Jesus Christ, & The scripture say's there is a special place for false profits. & They better pack there sun screen!
"What in the Sam Hell is wrong with people?"
May God Bless & Give the Doctors the Wizdom To Heal Those Children. Amen.
& find comfort in knowing that the kids that were killed. Are in the loving arms of Jesus in Heaven.
"Suffer the children to come unto me, for theres is the kingdom of heaven"

We just had a shooting hear at a school in my state as well. Thank God the little girl is still alive!
~ God Bless~ Keith

karl

Reaction score
My school is 3 miles away, when it happened we all went into lockdown drill. Scary stuff, we are holding fundraisers for there families at school now. The shooter was TG lane, some off my friends knew him.

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Margie Phelps and her radical group Westboro Baptist "Church" members have said on Twitter that they will protest at least of the the student's funerals.

I dont get it... what are they thinking...?

I like the story in the link,
"Most of the morons never made it out of their hotel parking lot. It seems that certain Rankin county pickup trucks were parked directly behind any car that had Kansas plates in the hotel parking lot and the drivers mysteriously disappeared until after the funeral was over. Police were called but their wrecker service was running behind and it was going to be a few hours before they could tow the trucks so the Kansas plated cars could get out."

Thats funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.