Chain Breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

toucan_sam

Reaction score
Hey, so I'm kinda working on a mini-chopper project and I'm almost done it but I'm having some serious troubles with the chain. I bought one of those little handheld chain-breaker things and I have no idea why I can't get it to seperate the chain properly without mashing it hell. Maybe somebody can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm using 35 chain if that's at all relevant.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
are you just trying to take links out? if so just take a nail set or a nail and tap the pins out.

EagleTalons

Master JB Welder
Reaction score
You screw the breaker in on the pin. Remove it alittle then go to the next pin beside it on a WHOLE link and remove that one as far as it will go. Then go back and press the other as far as it will go. Then if you need to use pliers or a flathead screwdriver to remove the rest of the link.

toucan_sam

Reaction score
yea, I have the right size chain breaker. I think its jsut a little worn out so it keeps slipping. Anyways, i figured it out sorta. THe problem was that the pin was too flared at the ends to get pushed through the sleeve so I just used an air saw to carefully cut off the top of the pin. Then i'd just push teh pin through. I've got those connector links so i finally got my chain all sized up. Lame thing is as soon as i got it on the bike and ready to take it for a little ride, it started raining... now i just have to wait. Thanks for the help though guys

Status
Not open for further replies.