Case Tractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskool

Reaction score
I know this isn't a tractor forum, but I got side tract from my kart project and picked up an old case 220 lawn tractor. Its built like a fricken tank, thick gage steel and no plastc! Heavy as H*LL! got it cheap..200.00. Runs and works great! Anyone know or have any knowledge on this model? thinking of restoring or modding..not sure yet.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
I was hoping you meant a TRACTOR, not a tractor The good ol kind that can be turned over by hand. Its a little off topic, but i saw a guy start an old John Deere that hadnt been run in 2 years, in about 6 attempts. pretty good for a 70 year old machine:thumbsup:

Attachments

• jdb.jpg
    jdb.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 5

Orange Krate

Reaction score
crops are green
TRACTORS ARE RED

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Im sure my great uncle would argue that one. Hes got 4 John Deeres (but 2 kubotas) and his neighbor(who ive gotten to know and owns a machine shop, SCORE) restores old tractors and owns 6.

Orange Krate

Reaction score
Ok, SOME are green

I was once kicked off a Tractor Forum for talking smack about Deere Johns.:roflol:

Ps. I have one of each of the tractors I posted and a Super C like next to the Oliver but non of them are that purdy!

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
Broken tractors are red... red means stop using this pos green means go get back to work

That One Guy

Occational Annoyance
Reaction score
Im sure my great uncle would argue that one. Hes got 4 John Deeres (but 2 kubotas) and his neighbor(who ive gotten to know and owns a machine shop, SCORE) restores old tractors and owns 6.

My neighbor down the road restores classic tractors too, hes got probably 15 in his shop, and I don't even remember how many he has sitting outside. Not counting all he's sold.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
Lmao this weeks not a good one.. i needed some corny *** comedy to make my mood better... But in truth.. i have red... massy ferguson red... someone mind scrappin that peice of **** for me?

fowler

Reaction score
the only tractors worth the money are new holland or JCB
we have a TJ375 and a fast trac

john deeres are over complicated and break too easy

motor_head

expert garbage picker
Reaction score
international is the only way to go friend of mine has a 966, he's rolled the hour meter over once (hasn't been overhauled) runs good doesn't use too much oil
thats like having 600,000 miles on a car!

motor_head

expert garbage picker
Reaction score
international is the only way to go friend of mine has a 966, he's rolled the hour meter over once (hasn't been overhauled) runs good doesn't use too much oil
thats like having 600,000 miles on a car!

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Anything pre-1980 or so is going to be pretty solid, nowmatter what color.

We had an old 1950 ish case, 4 cyl beast. Rated somewhere around 24 drawbar hp (felt like a lot more than that, used it to drag full size trees out of the woods more than once). That thing always ran great, seized up a couple times from rust (sat outside, winters can be harsh), unseized it with a breaker bar and some marvel mystery oil and it would run like new again. Finally got rid of it last year when we found coolant in the oil.

We currently have a 23hp diesel kubota, 1970 something. runs amazing, perfect little farm tractor. Worked wonders when we pulled the engine out of my yota.

We also have a 1980s JD 316, this is the most amazing lawn tractor i have ever used. Power steering, full hydraulics, 18hp onan (burns a lil oil), has enough power to easily mow 6"+ grass at half throttle. had an external oil cooler for the hydrostatic trans, you can get bucket kits, tiller, snow blowers for it...great tractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.