Carter Super Wheels floorboard decal reproduction

gmo1515

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm talking with a sign shop here in the Birmingham AL area about reproducing the big floor decal that was on many Carter Bros. Super Wheels go karts over the course of their production run. I have seen some subtle variations of this logo but for the most part they seemed to have this basic look with the star and the three colored stripe. The guy told me that I'd be looking at $15-20 for the decal itself but the artwork reproduction would be where the real cost is so all told he estimated a $50-60 investment. He said he could produce several of them that I could sell to forum members and such to help split up the artwork cost and bring down overall price tag per unit. If you'd be interested in this please let me know so that I can get an idea on how much interest there might be for this. The image of the blue kart below is from forum member 123SlowKart. This is what I believe we will base the new one off of as it is about the best preserved and intact example that I have been able to find so far.

Thanks,
Jason P

The red kart's sticker is another variation that I have found online (owner unknown unfortunately) that still is in reasonable condition. Not sure if this is an earlier or later version.

Attachments

• Super Wheels go kart decal.jpg
    Super Wheels go kart decal.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

jmaack

Reaction score
fwiw the red kart decal is going to be an early 90s to maybe a 92-93 kart. I remember riding in a 2 seater one vividly during that time.

gmo1515

Reaction score
Lol I’m Interested.I Just Havent Been Able To Get Measurements

I made an attempt to approximate the dimensions using the “ghost” markings on the floorboard of mine. I had never noticed it until it was just recently media blasted and powdercoated. The metal had pitted likely due to chips in the original paint job. It was repainted by my dad in late '86 so the decal disappeared after that. I guess the decal was just one extra level of protection to the metal surface that was underneath it.

Here's what I was able to guess so when you get a chance to measure yours double check it against this to see how close I got. Then again, based on production changes over the years its possible the decal size may have changed somewhat over time. The height from where the top of the stripe comes out of the right hand of the star to the very bottom of the stripe is about 10”. The star itself is hard to make out but to the top of it appears to be about another inch higher (I think). The base of the stripe where the “Super Wheels by Carter” name is about 6-1/2” wide.

-Jason

gmo1515

Reaction score
Ok so far I've got 4 takers for a decal:
Myself
Clark125
123SlowKart
Smiddy85

The artwork is getting done now so if anyone else wants to jump in please let me know.

Take care,
Jason P

gmo1515

Reaction score
Just an update on the situation. I've sort of given up on getting any results out of the local shop. I've reached out to a guy Jaret Varholick on one of the kart Facebook forums who has been reproducing various minibike and gokart decals. The pictures he has of previous work looks pretty good. He is saying that the Carter decal looks very much doable. I'll pass along any progress as he works on it.

gmo1515

Reaction score
Got the first one in the mail yesterday and put it on this morning. Jaret said that he apologized that he hasn’t put it on his website for purchase yet but it will be soon. I have to say I like it a lot. I think you guys will as well.

Jason

Attachments

• 948A026D-07F0-4119-A731-95A77AE66FDF.jpeg
    948A026D-07F0-4119-A731-95A77AE66FDF.jpeg
    737.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
OK guys, Jaret just let me know that he has now put the link to the decal on his website for purchase for a $40 price. I covered the artwork fee so you guys will get the decal for cheaper than my cost. Hopefully this can benefit other folks' restored Carters.

Link to purchase decal at JV Design Co.

Happy Karting!!!
-Jason
Thanks!! I am sure there are a few people around that would like to get one of those :thumbsup:

Christopher Burke

Reaction score
Good Evening,
Are the decals still available?
I am going to powder coat my frame, and would like to put a new decal on the floorboard
Please reply.
Thank You.

Christopher Burke

Reaction score
Got the first one in the mail yesterday and put it on this morning. Jaret said that he apologized that he hasn’t put it on his website for purchase yet but it will be soon. I have to say I like it a lot. I think you guys will as well.

Jason
Good Evening,
I am repainting my go cart and need this exact decal.
Please reply.
Thank you,
Christophe Burke: 478-746-7324

Shea

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm talking with a sign shop here in the Birmingham AL area about reproducing the big floor decal that was on many Carter Bros. Super Wheels go karts over the course of their production run. I have seen some subtle variations of this logo but for the most part they seemed to have this basic look with the star and the three colored stripe. The guy told me that I'd be looking at $15-20 for the decal itself but the artwork reproduction would be where the real cost is so all told he estimated a $50-60 investment. He said he could produce several of them that I could sell to forum members and such to help split up the artwork cost and bring down overall price tag per unit. If you'd be interested in this please let me know so that I can get an idea on how much interest there might be for this. The image of the blue kart below is from forum member 123SlowKart. This is what I believe we will base the new one off of as it is about the best preserved and intact example that I have been able to find so far.

Thanks,
Jason P

The red kart's sticker is another variation that I have found online (owner unknown unfortunately) that still is in reasonable condition. Not sure if this is an earlier or later version.
Where can I find the Super Wheels sticker on the red go cart thank you.

Shea

Reaction score
This sticker is what I'm looking for thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230423_123812_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230423_123812_Google.jpg
    573.4 KB · Views: 1

gmo1515

Reaction score