Cart Dies When Accelerator Pressed

Cartnoob

Reaction score
I have a Kandi 150cc GY6 that runs great for a bit then tries to die every time you press the accelerator. The carb has been cleaned, new plug, new air filter, new fuel filter, new fuel line, and gas tank cleaned out. What I notice is the fuel filter starts off mostly full, but runs dry. Any advice to clear this up would be much appreciated.

Karttekk

Reaction score
See if the vacuum operated fuel valve under the tank is working properly. Vacuum from the engine opens the valve to allow fuel flow. If you have low vacuum or a bad valve you won't get enough fuel to the engine. Use a vacuum pump to test or carefully draw vacuum with your mouth.

Snaker

Reaction score
See if the vacuum operated fuel valve under the tank is working properly. Vacuum from the engine opens the valve to allow fuel flow. If you have low vacuum or a bad valve you won't get enough fuel to the engine. Use a vacuum pump to test or carefully draw vacuum with your mouth.

That's a good video
I can add a additional tip from my experience.
Before handling the lines, give them a close inspection for cracks, pinching and kinking.

I had a situation where I was getting fuel starvation.
Went through these steps but then realized that the vacuum hose was kinked
Right where the hose made a corner around the carb, it would kink nearly shut.
It would start fine and idle, but after a bit at higher rpm and it would stutter.

The hose itself was not deteriorated, just cheap China rubber.
Me being the cheap azz, I rigged up a spiral notebook wire into a tight condensed coil and positioned it on the kink, similar to what the old clothes irons used to have on the electric cords.
Been working fine ever since.

Snaker

Reaction score
I have a Kandi 150cc GY6 that runs great for a bit then tries to die every time you press the accelerator. The carb has been cleaned, new plug, new air filter, new fuel filter, new fuel line, and gas tank cleaned out. What I notice is the fuel filter starts off mostly full, but runs dry. Any advice to clear this up would be much appreciated.

Don't forget to check over your fuel tank vent.
My rig had some sort of roll over anti-spill device on the vent line
Make sure that is clear, especially for mud dauber plugups

When your problem comes up, open the gas cap to check