Carby question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
What kind of mikuni?

Generallythere is an air bleed screw, and idle adjustment. If its a slide carb you can adjust needle position for midrange, top end is adjusted by replacing or drilling the mainjet.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
You can make fine idle adjustments with the air bleed screw, midrange is adjustable to an extent with the needle height, top end requires a jet swap. Large idle changes can be made with a new idle jet. Tuning these carbs can be strange to people not familiar with them, changing one jet can affect the others.

Benjo

KRAZY KIWI
Reaction score
here's pics sorry for the crap quality (cellphone)
the choke cable (3rd pic) was like that when i got the bike, i have had the engine running fine like this but it has been running funny lately. When i say funny i mean it hates to start it sounds really "weak" when it does start running, it coughs/splutters and when i rev it, it dies. i have adjusted the idle many many times but i still have this problem.
i put these problems down to a fuel issue, if you guys think it is something else let me know, i really want this engine to run.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 7

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Looks like a CV carb. Take off the top cover on the carb and see if the diaphragm in there is ripped, if so that may be causing your problems.

If not, just clean the carb really well, these CV carbs are pretty fussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.