Carburetor bore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeRunner15

=======
Reaction score
How do i remove the choke valve ? its a spare clone carb but i still don't want to mess it up.

and as far as this being in my build thread, i dont want to clutter it up with "non building " or "non performance" mods and make the people that watch it un happy.

i'll get pics later today.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
How do i remove the choke valve ? its a spare clone carb but i still don't want to mess it up.

and as far as this being in my build thread, i dont want to clutter it up with "non building " or "non performance" mods and make the people that watch it un happy.

i'll get pics later today.

I really hope you are not going to start a thread on every little thing you want an answer for. I am going to leave this one standing, but if you create new threads on subjects related to your kart build, they will be deleted

I am not too sure if you can remove it easily

FreeRunner15

=======
Reaction score
Every other forum I'm on is like that, to ease future people being able to search and find answers, is that not what we want here?

I agree 200%

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

I cant really tell if i made a difference

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Every other forum I'm on is like that, to ease future people being able to search and find answers, is that not what we want here?

Nope...we have ALL the information here....either pre-presented....or ready for immediate disposal....

Multiple threads for the same kart actually have a reverse effect than you may think....because soon...we are parroting posts to figure out what kart we're talking about.....

Eventually, it will be mentioned in the other thread....

Now.....you have TWO threads addressing the same problem on the same kart....(AND EVEN WORSE) .....MAYBE....because someone knows what the heck someone is asking about....gets answered, but a newbie researching this question, has a different kart....and either gets information that doesn't apply, or has to search more to be sure it does.

Sooooo....ask yourself this: Would you rather have an encyclopedia of information on YOUR PARTICULAR KART. in one place....or hunt all the frick over to find something that may OR MAY NOT apply?

I really don't care WTF other forums do....THIS ONE'S GOT IT RIGHT!

ChromeRhino

Reaction score
so no1 knows anything. k. cool.
To future people: this site is only good for very few members.
Mostly super old ones from the dinosaur age .

I feel where you are coming from but hang in there. I really don't know so I didn't feel replying "I don't know, man" would help at all. If I could help you out I would.

mckutzy

Reaction score
Ok.... Playing aside...

The choke vanes are typically staked in.
They slip into the middle of the shaft and crimp little tabs to lock it in.
Apparently you haven't looked hard enough...
A quick search , use a thin bladed flat screwdriver, to carefully(and I mean carefully ) tweak the shaft enough to move the vane out.
Use a long set of needle nose and mount the carb to a vice or bench some how. You'll need both your hands.

karl

Reaction score
I do not think this will work well, carbs are carefully designed with a venturi to make the carb work proper. Just making it bigger will most likely make it not run well or preform well. I suggest a carb upgrade , or keep it stock .

FreeRunner15

=======
Reaction score
I do not think this will work well, carbs are carefully designed with a venturi to make the carb work proper. Just making it bigger will most likely make it not run well or preform well. I suggest a carb upgrade , or keep it stock .

If you didn;t know i bored my jet and emulsion tube. it runs great from mid-to-top end but down low it needs some more air. might as well get some horsepower from it too.

machinist@large

Reaction score
If you didn;t know i bored my jet and emulsion tube. it runs great from mid-to-top end but down low it needs some more air. might as well get some horsepower from it too.

Those parts are in the fuel bowl, and have nothing to do with the actual shape of the venturi section of the carburetor bore. Remove that from the carb body and you basically destroy the functionality of the unit.

For the record, the venturi effect is what separates a carburetor from a straight piece of pipe.

:idea2: From what you've posted, I'm fairly certain you aren't familiar with how a carb actually functions. Just for grins, do a Google search for "venturi". I'm more than willing to bet that you'll have a detailed description within 1/4 of the first page that results, even without doing a full on in depth wiki search.

Try it, you might be supprized......

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Those parts are in the fuel bowl, and have nothing to do with the actual shape of the venturi section of the carburetor bore. Remove that from the carb body and you basically destroy the functionality of the unit.

For the record, the venturi effect is what separates a carburetor from a straight piece of pipe.

:idea2: From what you've posted, I'm fairly certain you aren't familiar with how a carb actually functions. Just for grins, do a Google search for "venturi". I'm more than willing to bet that you'll have a detailed description within 1/4 of the first page that results, even without doing a full on in depth wiki search.

Try it, you might be supprized......

I tried that....came up with pet detective....but who knows....he may be more of an "Ace"!!!!!

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score

You were right...although as per usual...he didn't say exactly why he was doing it...(he's so much smarter than us mere experienced mortals....) but...he was going to use it as some hairbrained second carb "boost" system (now abandoned) ...

mckutzy

Reaction score
I guess he thought it was going to be some new inline deuce carb setup....
Definatly more power.....

Status
Not open for further replies.