Carburetor Air Flow Question | Harbor Freight 212 cc Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

planejob

Retired Contract Operator
Messages
73
Reaction score
1
Location
Wylie, TX USA (Dallas)
I don't have an answer for you. But I LOVE this style of asking questions! The video is an excellent method to ensure that everybody is talking about the same thing - no confusion!

Imagine trying to explain the three bleed-hole-screw-things with words.
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
T-Man! Love your videos!
When I machine air filter adapters, I put 2 flutes in, for the holes you're talking about, but my adapters have the exact carb bore size at the mating surface. Looking at yours, you will be able to get away with just notching the hole on the lower right. The upper right hole, isn't necessary, iirc....( It is a vent? )Just notch the one, and run it.....
The paint cap is a cool idea! Shouldn't have any problems, as long as you use the right filter material. Maybe like the foam filters the sell for big briggs engines. Just pull the foam apart, and stuff it into your cap..... ?
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
:oops:
I was wrong..... Tman, look at the filter adapter in my diygkmp photo album. There is an adapter I made and I DID put all 3 flutes in. They ARE necessary for proper operation......
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top