Can't decide on controller

journeyman846

Reaction score
I am building my 2nd E-Kart and can't quite decide which controller is best. Right now I have the ME1306 motor and 24s2p Lifepo4 batteries on the way. I am leaning towards the Kelly controllers as they seem to offer the best features for the price. The cart will be running at 150 Amp continuous. Right now it's between these two controllers KBL72301X and KLS7230S. The KLS7230S is cheaper, but the KBL has regen and with the power I am hoping this thing will put out more stopping power would be nice. I am also open to other suggestions.

EpsilonZero

...still cheaper than a boat!
Reaction score
The KBL is trapezoidal. I had problems with running a KVD trapezoidal, so I'd stick to sinusoidals. The KLS7230S is only rated for 120A continuous. I'd suggest you go bigger than your motor's continuous rating; My previous KLS-H got very hot when run at the specification limits. The KLS7275H has 50A headroom on continuous and peak current ratings compared to your motor, so you might consider it. I don't know what batteries you have coming, but you want to make sure they are able to comfortably deliver 450A+ because the controller and motor will be pulling that unless you impose current limits in the software.