• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Canada vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bajagokart

Reaction score
So how about that hockey game eh? Let me be the first to say well done team USA on a very well played hockey game! But honestly let's remember whose game your playing! GO CANADA!!!

bajagokart

Reaction score
Wow lol you Americans just can't admit that you lost haha talk about ignorant when you should know for a fact we don't say aboot its about retard maybe should should come up here and listen to us talk

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Wow lol you Americans just can't admit that you lost haha talk about ignorant when you should know for a fact we don't say aboot its about retard maybe should should come up here and listen to us talk

Taking it so seriously eh?

I didnt even see the hockey game, so i really didnt know what you were talking aboot.

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
the few canadians i have talked to, voice wise (on the phone or in chatrooms), say 'aboot' when saying 'about'.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
I have been a Canadian citizen my entire 36 years, and not once have I heard anyone say "aboot", so frankly I haven't a clue where it comes from. Eh? Yeah, we do say that, a lot.
I'm gonna hand over some credit to the American team, helluva good game, eh? Thanks for the massive coronary I suffered with 24 seconds left in regular time, Just about died, eh?

I really am not a fan of Crosby, I don't think he did a whole heck of a lot for us throughout the games, but he did sure pick a sweet time to wake up and play hockey, eh?

bajagokart

Reaction score
toystory i totally agree with you! i have never heard any canadian ever say aboot and second crosby never did anything in 8 periods of playing! yes he scored and im glad because i would cry if w would have lost but still i dont get why americans think that we say aboot

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
ye canadians may want to record yourselves saying about and see how it sounds to you while listening to an american or brit saying about. i had to do a psuedo commercial for radio while in speech class, my voice sounded way different than i thought i sounded.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
what ya talking aboot eh?

lol least we didnt lose against any ausies now if we lost to them upside down people we really would suck.

Attachments

• wj9Eqnxmgj40q0jzN5feCKeZo1_500.jpg
    wj9Eqnxmgj40q0jzN5feCKeZo1_500.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 0

anderkart

Reaction score
I've met a few Canadians that ended descriptive type sentences by saying "right?" but don't remember talking to any that pronounced about aboot, but I'd imagine there's a bunch of different regional ascents in Canada just like the USA.

newrider3

Reaction score
I really can't say anything, since my favorite local Hockey team is a CHL team. Way better and cheaper games than the NHL stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.