Can I paint the gas tank and engine cover of my 212 predator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imjustjoshinnn

go fast go fast go fast
Reaction score
My go kart has a 212 predator. The engine cover and gas tank are currently blue, but I want to paint them yellow. I'm going to be using rust-oleum spray paint and the label says that it is ok on surfaces 200 degrees fahrenheit and less. Will either of these pieces exceed that temperature? And is there any other problem with painting those surfaces that you can think of?

anickode

Reaction score
You certainly can. regular spray paint will have no trouble holding up to the temperature, but remember most paints are not gasoline resistant. without an automotive grade clear coat on the tank, spilled gas will easily strip the paint off of it.

imjustjoshinnn

go fast go fast go fast
Reaction score
You certainly can. regular spray paint will have no trouble holding up to the temperature, but remember most paints are not gasoline resistant. without an automotive grade clear coat on the tank, spilled gas will easily strip the paint off of it.
Awesome! Thanks! And I'll definitely look into an automotive grade clear coat.

mckutzy

Reaction score
Honestly... I tremclad my blower housing.. like 10+years ago... Its still fine....
I dont spill gas all over it.. but it looks fine..

BigWes

Reaction score
Sorry, but I have bad news for you, your paint will drip right off your tank and engine...

Reason you ask? Because you posted your picture sideways...yup...it will run right off in that direction...never fails...it happens every single time!!!

imjustjoshinnn

go fast go fast go fast
Reaction score
Sorry, but I have bad news for you, your paint will drip right off your tank and engine...

Reason you ask? Because you posted your picture sideways...yup...it will run right off in that direction...never fails...it happens every single time!!!
LOL! Good one! Do you actually know how to fix this problem? Cause it keeps rotating my photos 90 degrees, but when you open the image it’s upright.

Status
Not open for further replies.