Can I hook my headlight into the kill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
Will the kill switch on on a Predator be able to power a single headlight on my mini bike or do I have to lug a battery around? I remember seeing something like this before and I'm wondering if its possible. Thank you.

anderkart

Reaction score
Nope, It'd just shut the engine off just like a regular kill switch. You'd just be grounding that wire out through the filaments in your light bulbs.

You'll either need a just a battery, and/or a charging coil & the matching flywheel that has the extra charging-coil magnets installed. The higher powered charging coils also require an external rectifier/regulator.

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
I have the stock gas tank off the engine so the two gas tank mounting holes are unused at the moment. I've decided to put the battery mount on there.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdmkid

Reaction score
Not sure, never heard of anyone doing that. Should be able to i guess since its only the ground. But dont quote me on this.

gvfc2

wishing i was living
Reaction score
yes it is fine to run the ground thru the engine. its just the ground nothing will happen. the positive and the ground arent making contact thru the engine and anyways the electricity takes the path of less resistance.

so in short nothing will have if you run the ground thru the engine. nothing will have if you run ground and positive thru the engine except short circuit the battery thats all(and maybe heat up the metal along the electricities path)

anderkart

Reaction score
I have the stock gas tank off the engine so the two gas tank mounting holes are unused at the moment. I've decided to put the battery mount on there.

Your battery will be subjected to lots of additional heat and vibration there.
Your battery would last longer mounted to the frame, It'd be fine to ground to most any metal part of the engine.

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
Your battery will be subjected to lots of additional heat and vibration there.
Your battery would last longer mounted to the frame, It'd be fine to ground to most any metal part of the engine.

I thought of that and mounting it there is my only option, I have no room. I cut a piece of sheet metal and bolted it through and then put big rubber washers under the battery to help neutralize some of the heat and vibration. Hopefully the heat that goes through the sheet metal doesn't melt the rubber. Thanks for all the help guys! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Anderkart why did you remove half of my post?

anderkart

Reaction score
Sorry Capt, I didnt mean to remove any of your post, I'm not sure what happened there.
You didnt do anything wrong, mighta just been some weird glitch or something :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.