• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Can anyone run Carfax reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsox985

Reaction score
Hey all. Haven't been here in a while, but figured I'd reach out to a bunch of car/vehicle people. I'm looking at an early 00s Tacoma and want to check out its history. Does anyone work at a dealer or have a way to run Carfax reports for free (I'll Paypal for your inconveneince)?

TYIA!

ML-TOYS

Reaction score
As a former body shop employee always remember that carfax does not report crash repairs that were paid in cash to keep insurance out of or just a self involved accident.

crazykart

Crazy member
Reaction score
Learned a trick awhile back, don't know of it still works.

Go on ebay, and make a posting, just a bogus auction for the truck with a ridiculous high price (so no one bids)

When it asks for the vehicles vin, put it in.

Post the auction, then go view it.

BOOM free full carfax report lol.

Delete said listing after.

redsox985

Reaction score
Hey redsox, how's it going? Sorry, but I cannot help you out

Good good! Super busy with school, my own cars, and whatnot, but what else is new?!

Learned a trick awhile back, don't know of it still works.

Go on ebay, and make a posting, just a bogus auction for the truck with a ridiculous high price (so no one bids)

When it asks for the vehicles vin, put it in.

Post the auction, then go view it.

BOOM free full carfax report lol.

Delete said listing after.

That's a pretty good idea. I found a way to get Experian's AutoChecks run for free, but I don't think they're as good as CarFax (after running the cars thru it that I know the history of). It's pretty easy to figure out with about 5 minutes on Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.