Can anyone identify my go kart model?

imjustjoshinnn

go fast go fast go fast
Reaction score

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Looks like if the pedals were flipped and sticking out instead of in, my big feet would be ground down to little hooves by the front tires.

Funny you should say that--if the pedals are mounted correctly, they ensure that your feet are kept away from the spinning wheels because the pedal design provides a rest for the outer sides of both feet. Proper orientation from driver's perspective:

That bent 90° angle keeps the foot on the pedal and keeps the right foot from going right and the left foot from going left.
When the pedals are angled away from the driver, they also provide a better operating angle, most certainly.
Kind of difficult to explain if you're not familiar with these pedals...

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Now I see what was meant by "backwards and flipped". It has more to do with the pivot point that the pedals swing on than anything else.
The pedals are mounted backwards and flipped (right should be on left, left pedal on right)...
If the footrests are positioned forward of the pivots rather than their current positions trailing the pivots then the vertical arms would be against the outsides of the feet, keeping them in the kart. Swapping the pedals left/right and then spinning them 180 would get them right.
I was picturing them with the vertical arms inboard of the footrests. My hooves nightmares will stop now. :thumbsup:

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Now I see what was meant by "backwards and flipped". It has more to do with the pivot point that the pedals swing on than anything else.

If the footrests are positioned forward of the pivots rather than their current positions trailing the pivots then the vertical arms would be against the outsides of the feet, keeping them in the kart. Swapping the pedals left/right and then spinning them 180 would get them right.
I was picturing them with the vertical arms inboard of the footrests. My hooves nightmares will stop now. :thumbsup:

The photo of the OP's kart wasn't helping much because it doesn't show the pedals very clearly, but my highly trained eyes caught the "mistake"... I forgot to mention that some people knowingly flip the pedals to give youngsters better reach on the pedals, but it isn't ideal.

Here's a drawing of the throttle pedal looking forward: