Camshaft

VinyP

Reaction score
I have a powerfist 212cc engine from princess auto ( Pretty much Canadian Harbor freight) And I'm looking to buy an upgraded camshaft. The journal on the cam itself measures exactly 0.5500. Does it match the Predator 212 Hemi or Non-Hemi? Or something else? Also I have a stage one kit with an exhaust header, 18lbs springs and a billet flywheel. what is the best camshaft to get without modifying anything else?

VinyP

Reaction score
Hemi/ true clone is what you need.

Do you have a billet connecting rod as well?
I really want to get one. But similar to the camshaft I'm not too sure which one to get. I wanna be sure before I order since UPS fees are so expensive.

panchothedog

Reaction score
The billet connecting rod is the same for either hemi or non hemi. For a camshaft the Dyno cams CM grind would probably be the biggest you could use. Listed .265" lift and 236 degrees of duration. Says 20 lb springs. Cheap to upgrade to 22lbs. or go for it with the 18 pounders. The .265" lift is about as low as you can get while still increasing over stock. It is a very popular cam. I think I would be inclined to try it with the 18 s. You might get valve float but it wouldn't happen until way up in the top of the rpm range.

Pigeon

Reaction score
Hey there, What billet flywheel did you install into the engine? I’m pretty sure I’ve got the same one as you (powerfist 212cc 7.5hp?) I’m just worried to buy one that may not be compatible with it then not be able to return it.

Rat

Reaction score
I really want to get one. But similar to the camshaft I'm not too sure which one to get. I wanna be sure before I order since UPS fees are so expensive.
3.308" is the conrod length standard for 196, 208, and 212, possibly 224 idk for sure