Came in search of help! : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladinbama

Just Learning
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Location
Pearland, Tx. USA
Hi Everyone!
I have a Yerf Dog 90cc model #40000 go kart that is in need of a major overhaul. The frame looks good and many of the other parts and pieces may be good, but I can't find any type of manual for it (other than the worthless owner's manual). It has it's original 2-stroke motor that is in some stage of disassembly. My hope is to just change it over to a 4-stroke if I can find some information on how to "covert" it.
I will be working on the chasis as I can, taking it apart and painting the various pieces; changing tires, bearing; disassembling the front and rear ends and cleaning rust off of parts. Any help that can be given or directions to places/sites that would know more would be much appreciated. Thanks, Tom

My daughters birthday is May 27th - hope to have it going by then (in some form or fashion)
 

Aladinbama

Just Learning
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Location
Pearland, Tx. USA
There's an entire cvt type set-up in it's current configuration. I would like to keep as much of the "transmission" as possible (if possible). Seems like it would be a pretty tough set-up.
 

Aladinbama

Just Learning
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Location
Pearland, Tx. USA
Ok, here we go. Sorry about the quality they were taken by my cell phone. I've got a couple more, but these will show the main parts. Again, I'd like to just put a 6.5 or so 4-stroke back there. There is no real mount plate - just a few brackets that the current engine is mounted to - simple fabrication is possible.






Heck, I might even try to overhaul the two stroke that's in there now. I don't think it will live again, but ... you never know.
 

B man

Tecumseh FTW!
Messages
2,490
Reaction score
3
Location
Oliver springs,Tn
Doesn't look like all that much of the 2 stroke is missing. Clutch cover. Carb looks to be off the intake and you still have your exhaust. Is the head and all that there? Better pics of the engine plz.
 

Aladinbama

Just Learning
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Location
Pearland, Tx. USA
It's there. Thre carb has just been taken off the intake. I guess that would be why I said I might try rebuilding it first. I just don't have too much experience with 2-strokes. I've got the clutch cover and some other pieces that are missing in the pictures.
I just would like sometype of reference page or pages to kind ogf help walk me through - know any regarding rebuilding a 2-stroke? Thanks
 

B man

Tecumseh FTW!
Messages
2,490
Reaction score
3
Location
Oliver springs,Tn
None personally but I bet Russ does. 2-strokes are simple engines. No valves to worry about. Just re-attach the carb and if all the head and other parts are there and put some gas in it and give it a crank.(mixed gas) and check your plug and gaskets.
 

Aladinbama

Just Learning
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Location
Pearland, Tx. USA
Actually, Thanks for following along this whole thing.
I've taken the cage off and the started with the seat and various other parts that come off easily from the main frame. I have quite a bit of sanding and painting to do so that will take a while.
I'll remove the engine from its mounts, do a slight disassembly and take a look at it. I'd hate to find out later that something managed to slip inside the intake in the (who knows) amount of time the carb has been off the intake. I found reference to the two stroke book online (and I think I even have it hidden somewhere around here), so I'll begin the processes. I have a lot of inspecting, measuring, and testing to do in the next few months.

Know where to buy cheap tires? LOL (might just go with tubes on these to start)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top