calling out for bighead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighead

Reaction score
I miss nothing in The PAC NW..... LOL

I already bought the Blue fiberglass body one that he has listed but no pics. This guy has huge Ody Collection and parts golore. I will be buying all the Original Challenger parts that he has for my Ody.

If you live by this guy I would get an Ody for sure. He has like 20 of both FL350 and FL250's. A huge shop full of parts as well. He utfit is called TNT Motorsports.

He also has a Tripple E cage thats really nice for the FL250.

I gave $300 for the Challenger in the pics. worth every penny. I found out it was a two time National champ in the 80's.

Attachments

• CIMG5063.jpg
    CIMG5063.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 9
  • CIMG5064.jpg
    CIMG5064.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 1986.jpg
    1986.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 9
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 8
  • scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 8
  • scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 7

kartingizm

Murray Hardrive Gokart
Reaction score
I already bought the Blue fiberglass body one that he has listed but no pics. This guy has huge Ody Collection and parts golore. I will be buying all the Original Challenger parts that he has for my Ody.

If you live by this guy I would get an Ody for sure. He has like 20 of both FL350 and FL250's. A huge shop full of parts as well. He utfit is called TNT Motorsports.

He also has a Tripple E cage thats really nice for the FL250.

awesome dude. does he have and odys that only need an engine in it? i would buy one

bighead

Reaction score
The red one listed only needs rear hubs and wheels. Along with an engine and seat. And then lots of work. It has the extended challenger front end.

I would find one on CL and then get parts from this guy. He is not cheap but not bad. He has parts that are really hard to find as well. He has over 30 engines on the shelf right now. Just crazy parts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOND...684141QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

bighead

Reaction score
haha.. number 69

That #69 car is a Challenger racer. I keep offering him $300 but he will not take it. This car is Challenger racer kit. So the original builder oredered the kit from Challenger and welded it up himself. The Blue Challenger I got from him was welded by Challenger for a complete for sale chassis.

$600 is a little hi for me. Although the axle is well worth $200. The front challenger J-arms go for $200 to $300. The Comet 8" driven is worth another $200. I would like the quick release wheel it has too. Oh ya. The racing hubs on front are worth about $100 each. Tye heavy duty Challenger tie rods are about $100. You can get this for $500 and put another $600 into. You would have a nice buggy. It also comes with a huge aluminum wing for the top. Sprint car style. Look these over good. They were raced very hard. Flat track only though.

bighead

Reaction score
awesome dude. does he have and odys that only need an engine in it? i would buy one

I am not sure. BUT I DO. Where do you live? I am going to drive up to this guys house again soon to get some challenger parts. I can pack the Ody I have for sale. $200 cash and you can have it.

I have a good condition roll bar and bumper to put it back to original as well. I will make thi a complete roller down to everything but an engine. You will need to do bearings and all that suff. It will need some work besides just an engine. But most the parts will be there. They just need going thru. The roll bar and bumper are trashed on this Ody. But I have a good set like I said above. I have a few good fenders but not a whole set.

This is not a bolt an engine and go Ody. It roll's it is just loose and needs a complet going thru. For the money you will spend fixing it up. I would try to find a runner for like $600 to $800 bucks. I put $600 into pats to fully restore an Ody like I do. But you do not have to do all the little stuff like I do. You can get a running engine on ebay with clutch for like $200 to $300. So when said and done for the same you can just buy a runner if you shop well. If your on a time budget then perhaps this Ody might be for you. I have all the little stuff like airbox and gas tank not on this Ody. I would hook you up on the little stuff like headlights and taillights.

Do you think you can finish an Ody like this? I ask for the time and hassle and money. You can buy good runners for like $700 or so. Or good Ody with blown top end for like $700 as well. Eash seller has a different asking price when it come to Ody. Price range is all over the chart. For what this is and what you get. It is a great deal. But if you do not have the skills. You buying another mans problem. So depending on that depends on how great a deal this is.

I make it sound worse than it is. This is a roller and not all that bad. Just expect everything to be wore and lose. front tires are good though. I just do not want you to get in over your head.

Attachments

• CIMG4785.jpg
    CIMG4785.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 8
  • CIMG4786.jpg
    CIMG4786.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 5
  • CIMG4787.jpg
    CIMG4787.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 7

bighead

Reaction score
Same guy.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/2473390004.html

This is what I am talking about. $600 Ody right here with anothe Ody for spare parts. I see an old sled engine as well. Sale these parts and have an Ody for like $300 or less. Not sure if it runs. But the bolt on cage is worth about $300 if it is a tripple E cage. Again this may be a great deal or a big problem if it is a hack job.
Offer him $400 IF he has the carbs and wiring for the sled engine. If you do not weld I would pass then on this one. I cannot see what engine it has in it. But that pipe is not Ody. The mount he has looks like a mount for a dirk bike engine mounted from the top.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/2470322303.html

kartingizm

Murray Hardrive Gokart
Reaction score
Same guy.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/2473390004.html

This is what I am talking about. $600 Ody right here with anothe Ody for spare parts. I see an old sled engine as well. Sale these parts and have an Ody for like $300 or less. Not sure if it runs. But the bolt on cage is worth about $300 if it is a tripple E cage. Again this may be a great deal or a big problem if it is a hack job.
Offer him $400 IF he has the carbs and wiring for the sled engine. If you do not weld I would pass then on this one. I cannot see what engine it has in it. But that pipe is not Ody. The mount he has looks like a mount for a dirk bike engine mounted from the top.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/2470322303.html

OH i would take take odyssey any day. but its just my parents are the people with money so i cant get it. its just to high of a price. ill contact you here on diygokarts later when i save up the money.

bubba

Reaction score
this may sound dumb but my dad had a 250ody a few years back and that thing was sick fast

i now have a 265cc kart and dose not seen no were as fast why is this?

Rustydog2010

NZ Nutta :|
Reaction score
this may sound dumb but my dad had a 250ody a few years back and that thing was sick fast

Is this 265cc a 4 stroke industrial engine? With a cent. clutch.

The 250cc Ody would have been a 2 stroke with a torque converter.

bighead

Reaction score

Two words my friend.

Two Stroke....

If you go to the Motocross track you will see 450 four strokes racing head to head with the 250 two strokes. Half the CC's but pretty even racing.

fowler

Reaction score
to put it simply

stokestokes go bang every 1 out of 2 stokes

four stokes go bang evey 1 out of 4

twice the number of power stokes ineviavly equals more power

Status
Not open for further replies.